The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
SourTooth307

New Guy from NJ: 84 K10

Hey everyone, just got my first truck and really looking forward to working on it. I'm 28 years old from North Jersey and have been mostly into Cadillacs and other huge full-size sedans and coupes, mostly GM. I've had my 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance since I was 18 and still drive it around today as my fun cruiser. I've always had a thing for the old GM trucks especially the 80's stacked headlights, so when I sold my 87 Allante I thought now's the time to try something different. I recently went out and bought my first truck, my 1984 Chevy K10 Scottsdale with the 350 and 700R4 automatic trans. I'm really looking forward to enjoying it and slowly bringing it back over the next few years.

After being around long, chromed out lux-o-cruisers for a long time it's pretty cool to have a truck like this. I really lucked out with the rust on the truck since a lot of the body panels have been replaced. The frame has some rust but it's nothing too threatening, I'm prolly looking at replacing some suspension brackets in the rear. I'm looking to do some off-roading with it when the weather gets warmer, and that's what I want to really get out of it. It's got a 4" lift and currently riding on 35" off-road tires that I'd like to take down to 33's when they wear out. It's really basic, having only an automatic trans, heater, and AM/FM radio. Yeah, it still has the factory radio......

So, we all know every thread is useless without pics, the deer skull was a parting gift from the original owner my buddy and I thought would look bad ass ziptied to the grille. Lol, enjoy.....

SourTooth307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
SourTooth307

Re: New Guy from NJ: 84 K10

And why not? Here's a few shots of my Caddy if anyone's interested......

SourTooth307 is offline   Reply With Quote