The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
magicoolbus

Patience pays off!

I have been searching weekly, if not daily for a set of original Fenton headers for my 235 for over 5 years. In that time I have only seen 1 or 2 other sets and they were used. I know they are reproduced, but not the ones with the heat riser on them. The only options for the heat riser are to find a early corvette dual outlet exhaust or one of the very rare Fenton ones. I found one on Ebay last week by luck actually as the seller mistyped the ad and I don't think the ad got much traffic at all as I was able to get it very cheap. It is a NOS set that has some minor shelf wear of the protective paint. For those with similar tastes, here's a link for a corvette manifold-expect it to go over 500 and it is in pretty rough shape.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131124196480...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Yeah Me!!
Attached Images

1962 VW Beetle
1957 Willys CJ5
magicoolbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Ratpin

Re: Patience pays off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicoolbus View Post
I have been searching weekly, if not daily for a set of original Fenton headers for my 235 for over 5 years. In that time I have only seen 1 or 2 other sets and they were used. I know they are reproduced, but not the ones with the heat riser on them. The only options for the heat riser are to find a early corvette dual outlet exhaust or one of the very rare Fenton ones. I found one on Ebay last week by luck actually as the seller mistyped the ad and I don't think the ad got much traffic at all as I was able to get it very cheap. It is a NOS set that has some minor shelf wear of the protective paint. For those with similar tastes, here's a link for a corvette manifold-expect it to go over 500 and it is in pretty rough shape.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131124196480...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Yeah Me!!

Oh yes I saw those. I had been going back and forth with him for awhile before the listing. He was willing to sell them to me outside of ebay for $250 plus shipping, but I passed. He had a set on a few months ago in the box that only went for $260. I was surprised to see them go over $300 but hey glad you got what you wanted. I'm hoping I can find a set next month at the PDX swap. Seen them go for around $225 there.
Ratpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
OrrieG

Love it when it works out,I have some things on my truck it took years to find too.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
MARTINSR

I didn't know the original Fenton's had the heat riser, darn it! I have a repro and was thrilled to have it now it SUCKS. :P I will keep looking for one or a Corvette. I am running the Corvette intake.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:18 AM   #5
magicoolbus

Brian,
The Corvette split manifolds do come up for sale occasionally on Ebay, but not very often. I linked to an open auction going on now in my first post, but they always go very high. The other option is to by the heat plate and use the tubes from the exhaust. Several vendors sell that method of intake heat, without it your gonna ice up and get improper atomization.
1962 VW Beetle
1957 Willys CJ5
magicoolbus is offline   Reply With Quote