The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
QTUNNA

G'day from OZ

Heya guys, I'd just like to introduce myself as I'm new to the site and new to the American Truck scene. My names Chad and I'm from Victoria, Australia. In early Feb this year I was fortunate enough to purchase an awesome 84 C10 shortbed which has belonged to a couple of members of this forum, namely Dinos63 and more recently BROEY, it's the tan truck layin rails over black 22s. Anyway the truck made its way out here on Sept 27, 2012 and the previous owner added Harley Davidson signage on the doors, fenders and bed so it looks like a shop truck. Since I've taken over ownership I've rubbed the signage back so it looks more ol' skool, added marine carpet to the bed floor and painted the grille and headlight surrounds charcoal. I've also ordered new indicators for the fenders, have a Budweiser beer tap handle for my shifter and will be getting a new steering wheel soon. We're currently in the process of building a hardcover for the bed too.
As the truck is foreign to me I've asked a couple questions on this forum ( basic stuff for you guys ) and the answers received have been spot on, cheers guys. I've attended a couple shows already, the first having nearly 1000 awesome vehicles and my truck received a trophy for Best Custom, wow. I've probably clocked up about 600 trouble free miles since I've taken over ownership and I look forward to many more in the future.
Anyway guys, cheers to an awesome site and thanks again for the help I've received, I'll post up some pics of my truck in a couple weeks when the mods are completed and I start to individualise the truck a bit more and I can finally call it my own, cheers Chad
QTUNNA is offline   Reply With Quote