The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
chevybuilder18

toro race mower tecumse side mount

I'm in to these race mowers. I can't stop thinking bout how cheap and fun it would be to do one of these. So I have a toro with a 12 horse built brigg that someone cracked the block on and ran hard. The engines gotta go cause the starter went out and since the rear end is locked, (brake clutch gearing rear end) I'm gonna do a side mount with 5 different gear ratios and I wanna post how. This may sound ignorant in the racing mower era, but its a 4 horse techumse and has a strong heart beat all except for its limited power which a 370 pound mower will need. The chassis I'm gonna slim down to 85 pounds, and I'm gonna set two jack shafts in this chassis on roller bearings, put v belt pulleys on and stick one gear shift. One jackshaft will be directly connected by chain to the engine and the gear belts will sit in the middle of the rear axle where it will also be directly linked by chain. Of coarse both rear and engine ratios will be correct to engine power and speed. I will of coarse in the future upgrade to the 346 cc predator from harbor frieght, cheaper then the 420 cc version but almost same power. I plan on lowering it so it will be one of those mowers. Idk how ill get the one gear shifter to slide from one belt to the next but that will be detailed.
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote