The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
handy67

Help or direction with Lower Control Arms please??

Hi guys, newbie here. Im currently working on my 67 c10 project and it is my first bagged truck. So the problem i have is with the stock front crossmember the rear is sitting a lot lower when fully aired out. I've done some research and seen where guys on here have done things from using an 8" ID pipe to lay down in the control arm and weld in to let the bag sit down inside. I've also seen guys cutting out the entire center of the LCA out and boxing it down 3" for the bag to sit down on also. My problem is i am running an 8" slam bag on the front of the truck and with the 2" cup it is sitting on when its fully aired out the back on the bag is slightly rubbing the control arm. Im pretty sure im going to go the route of cutting the center out and boxing out and down on the control arm. Ive tried searching for different things but if anyone has any other info or lessons learned or links that i can look at different things it would greatly be appreciated. And on another note this site rocks and im getting tons of good useful info for my build. thanks and god bless
handy67 is offline   Reply With Quote