The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
cameyer

Clutch fork delima

So this weekend I made a huge goof. I dropped in a new 327 in my truck and forgot to install the clutch fork before bolting the trans and bell housing on. It took me forever to get every thing lined up and almost had the trans fall on me at least 3 times so I'd really like to avionics pulling the trans again. Any one know if I can get it in with everything bolted up.its an sm420 trans and I can fit the fork in I just cant get it over the pivot ball to slip on to the throw out bearing. It looks like the ball can be removed with a large Allen wrench I just don't have one big enough to test this. Any help would be appreciated if it is at all possible to do
cameyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
Gumby

Re: Clutch fork delima

what can be helpful [ install my Th350 alone ] I used ratchet straps to hold it up so it would swing around without a jack under it. and got some really long bolts of the same thread and cut the heads off, one on each side, again to let it slide around and self align.

https://www.facebook.com/ChevyGmcTrucksFindOfTheDay or http://ChevyGMCTrucks.com
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
cru_zn_29

Re: Clutch fork delima

You will need a Allen wrench remove pivot stud install fork screw pivot stud back in lining up fork and ball. You will need a pry bar or large screw driver to force the fork onto the ball. Good luck
cru_zn_29 is offline   Reply With Quote