The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

Exclamation Don't let them get scrapped. Local auction

There's a local auction that is online bids only. The junk yard is bout a mile from me. Been going their ever since I was about 7 yrs old and now I'm 21. The yard defiantly has history as the "house" is actually a school that was built in 1910. The old guy died 3 yrs ago and left it all to his daughter. Unfortunately the daughter doesn't know anything about old trucks and cars and got low balled so many times on parts that she actually lost $40-$50,000 because she didn't know what the stuff was worth. Now she gave all rights to the auction people (also local) and so far they have scrapped a ton of good ol trucks and cars from the 20's - to the 80's. The auction people don't care about them as most of them don't have bids yet and starting bids are $5. Yes I said $5. Here's the site.

http://www.musickauction.com/auction_list.php

Day 1 - Vehicle Auction Kuna
Day 2 - Vehicle Auction Kuna
Day 3 - Vehicle Auction Kuna

I will be posting this in other areas of the forum as well.

There's a local auction that is online bids only. The junk yard is bout a mile from me. Been going their ever since I was about 7 yrs old and now I'm 21. The yard defiantly has history as the "house" is actually a school that was built in 1910. The old guy died 3 yrs ago and left it all to his daughter. Unfortunately the daughter doesn't know anything about old trucks and cars and got low balled so many times on parts that she actually lost $40-$50,000 because she didn't know what the stuff was worth. Now she gave all rights to the auction people (also local) and so far they have scrapped a ton of good ol trucks and cars from the 20's - to the 80's. The auction people don't care about them as most of them don't have bids yet and starting bids are $5. Yes I said $5. Here's the site.

I defiantly agree. I wish I could get her number to try and change her mind about these auction people. She'd get a lot more $ and they'd be going to good homes if she did a live auction at the yard and gave more time for the bids to happen.

I heard about that as well. The state offered to buy the property, school, and all vehicles (to scrap) for over a couple million dollars and they turned it down. I still personally think that with the auction people they chose, they are still going to get ripped off.

Last edited by truckdude239; 03-16-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: double posts
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
DreamRyder1963

Re: Don't let them get scrapped. Local auction

I am not sure how I feel about you posting this because now I have a Datsun 510 thats screaming for me to ship it to TN.
http://www.dracoautodesigns.com/
DreamRyder1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
ClemsonChevy
8 vehicles only 4 that run

Here's a 72 burb that's at $5:
https://musickauction.hibid.com/lot/...lay=50&cpage=2
72 Chevy C10 LWB fleetside
ClemsonChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
JP238

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonChevy View Post

That's cheap!
JP238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
Syndrome

Wonder what condition that GMC tailgate is. I can't find those in my area.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Kennuck

That Marmon Harrington on day 3 is cool.
3:73 gears, Boyd's Tank
2.5 / 4 drop 5 lug disc brakes
Vintage Air
18x8 Ridlers 255/55 frt. 18x9.5 275/60 rear
Kennuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #7
low&slow
Account Suspended

Not sure why they moved all my posts into one post and closed all the others.

Anyways, the yard is open tomorrow and Tuesday from 10am - 4pm. If anyone wants, I can go back out there and check some vehicles out for anyone. As for parts, no parts are for sale. You buy the truck or not the truck. Last I heard (today) the auction guy changed his mind. Instead of scrapping the vehicles that don't sell, there will be a second auction.

Also there is a 69-72 c10 long bed fleetside out there that was bought 4 yrs ago and the owner never came and got it. Long story short, if they can't get a hold of the owner by the second auction, then it will also be up for auction. It's in great condition. Zero rust and has roughly $4k dumped into the chassis. Drop springs and spindles and back halfed rear. Although the rear is set up for bags, could easy put springs back in. I'll be keeping an eye on that one.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote