The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
2mnykars

68 C20 Rearend question

Hello - I have a stock 68 C20 with a stock HO52 rearend with springs and 4.10 gears. I believe they are camper springs/stiffer.

I have a complete DANA 60 rear assembly with 3.54 rear gears out of a 68 GMC 3/4 BUT with the complete stock leaf spring assembly attached with drive shaft and it was removed with the actual frame piece where it was living for the past 40 + years.. Truck was completely rusted....

If I was to do the swap:

1. What will be the difference in ride - spring versus leaf spring and what will the capacity difference be? i can already carry a LOT with springs I have.

2. If i switch, should i take out the entire assembly and just roll in the leaf spring DANA complete with attachment points and weld the assembly into the truck?

3 Is it possible to use the spring assembly and install just the actual DANA with all the stock hardware the HO52 rearend was using to make things a little easier? and/or is it advantageous? i saw that there are parts available through cpp.com

thank you

Christian
2mnykars is offline   Reply With Quote