The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
grs

New gas tank damaged.

I got my new gas tank today. It was damaged. The filler neck was bent. There were holes all over the box. That a way UPS. The company will contact ups , and send another one. There was no padding in the box.
Attached Images

grs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Re: New gas tank damaged.

Sorry to hear about that. Looks like that box was either badly treated or someone tampered with it. Hope your replacement one comes in better shape!
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
grs

I never even opened it up. I could see it was damaged.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
NEWFISHER

"" There was no padding in the box. "" This is your finger to point, not at UPS. Contrary to popular belief, the UPS drivers don't do the most damage. Under packed shippers do. Watch youtube vids on UPS, USPS, FEDEX etc. shipping hubs and watch the automated systems fling the packages from conveyor to roller. Pack it correctly and no worries. Stick a fuel tank in a single wall box and piss off the buyer at the end. Bummer they didn't at least try to wrap something around it!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
T.W.Dustin

So where did you order it from?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.Dustin View Post
So where did you order it from?
I ordered it from Classic Parts.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
NEWFISHER

I've had good luck with Classic. Maybe Hung Flung pooey container shipped them as individual pieces and Classic just brokered them in the cardboard that they received them in.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #8
T.W.Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I ordered it from Classic Parts.
Thanks, I realize that nobody's perfect. Glad they are making it right.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
Gumby

that would be one of them items to get kicked off the belt or tossed, as it nearly kills ya coming down the rollers, best are boxes full of lose bolts, 1 lb under the 75lb belt/shoot limit.

Worked at both UPS and RPS/Fedex , fact that anything makes it through UPS is amazing as its like the Samsonite Gorilla Commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

It must be packaged for war, its the side effect of the union sadly, once in, they can't be touched, seen em stomp boxes into pieces on purpose in front of management, long as they show up to work... Lost Hickory Farms account when I started, they ate everything. Boxes dumbly marked food or candy were up for grabs, rest of the folks are the 90 day lifers, they push and work you to quit before you get in union. They bring is 20 new people a week, end of week 1 maybe 2-3 are left.

RPS/Fedex just as much work, but relaxed, no one on your back trying to make you walk out.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
kieth

I used to make a kit for class 8 trucks, the box was 40 x 36 x 3 and weighed 35 to 45 lbs. The classic freight damage was fed x where a fork lift ran right through the center of the 3" high box.......not much trouble collecting on that one......could not find the pictures but it was really funny.....

box even had black tire tread marks.....
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
that would be one of them items to get kicked off the belt or tossed, as it nearly kills ya coming down the rollers, best are boxes full of lose bolts, 1 lb under the 75lb belt/shoot limit.

Worked at both UPS and RPS/Fedex , fact that anything makes it through UPS is amazing as its like the Samsonite Gorilla Commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

It must be packaged for war, its the side effect of the union sadly, once in, they can't be touched, seen em stomp boxes into pieces on purpose in front of management, long as they show up to work... Lost Hickory Farms account when I started, they ate everything. Boxes dumbly marked food or candy were up for grabs, rest of the folks are the 90 day lifers, they push and work you to quit before you get in union. They bring is 20 new people a week, end of week 1 maybe 2-3 are left.

RPS/Fedex just as much work, but relaxed, no one on your back trying to make you walk out.
I know all about UPS, and other shippers. I worked at Joliet Jr. College for 20 years as a shipping, and receiving clerk. These boxes take a beating. I hope the next one makes it.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
61K10

ups is the worst lately. seems like even little stuff is smashed some. I've had good results with fed-x the last few years. Even usps is better than ups.

my build is------------61K10 build
61K10 is offline   Reply With Quote