The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Softpatch

Watching TV tonight

and this show "Lord of the harders" (discovery channel)
alot of C-10 one guys complaning about a 2 door suburban not worth any money like the 4dr suburbans ..??
for car guys. Dumb as a box of rocks

Softpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Softpatch

Re: Watching TV tonight

show called
"Dude ,Where's My Merc?"
Softpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
jtrichard

66 NOT!!! try 63
jtrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
1963chevyc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrichard View Post
66 NOT!!! try 63
I agree 1000 percent.
1963chevyc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
jtrichard

any one have a count on just how many of the 63 or 66 4 door burbs were made LOLOLOLOLOL .....must not been many of the 2 doors made as rare as they make it out to be LOLOLOL
jtrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
63burban
Chevy addict

Must be a West Coast thing !!
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
NEWFISHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
Must be a West Coast thing !!
yep, they all fail out East and find their way here to pollute our gene pool
Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
bonacker

That show needs to be cancelled NOW. I watched about half of that episode last night and those guys are total idiots. I even include their buddies that come in to "evaluate" how much something is worth (or not, according to them). The mid '60's Ranchero (looked pretty good to me, no rust) is worth "$300, if that". Plenty of excellent other projects there too, which were deemed "junk". Morons. A previous show they scrapped a lot of Corvair stuff (tons of parts into a dumpster) and scrapped a rampside. I didn't see the show, but over on a Corvair forum, there was much angst about wasting all that stuff. And yeah, 4 door Surburban...they don't have a clue and should have their license revoked.
bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
ChrisDollins

Thought the same thing. Caught a couple of episodes yesterday. Pretty horrible show lol.

Chris
ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Most TV shows anymore are plain stupidity...the people that talk know nothing about what their saying...especially when it comes to cars and trucks. Even Motor Trend makes some obvious mistakes...Only good shows I know of are Stacey David's Gears and Jay Leno's Garage. That's probably a 63 in the picture.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
tincan1966

Like most, I barely made it thru an episode. They are so absurd and out of touch with what's "in" and not and no idea about value. Scared the crap out of me watching an idiot move a decent '40 Ford truck with a strap wrapped around it and picked up with forklift- then looked shocked when it fell????

The one guy might made build some cool stuff IN THE 70'S but not so much now. Quality goes right out the window when all you care about it profit.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #12
par4tom

I saw that episode too. Unfortunately, these two guys are trying to break even and selling stuff quickly is probably a necessity.

Being said, I like the show. The concept is different and there are some cool ideas to watch. I only wish they would spend less time on the "hoarding" part of the show, and more time on the build itself.

Seems like they're a good couple of guys trying to make a buck at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with that if the original owner of the hoard is willing to play along...

Tom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7236896
Building Your Own Speaker Kick Pods
http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730495
par4tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
55dude

these kind of shows stir up the tree huggers and there go those "HONEY HOLES"! low level entertainment at best!
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #14
Slow Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonacker View Post
A previous show they scrapped a lot of Corvair stuff (tons of parts into a dumpster) and scrapped a rampside. I didn't see the show, but over on a Corvair forum, there was much angst about wasting all that stuff.
I saw that one. They chopped the top on the van that they built for the guy and it looked like he really didn't fit in it at the end (can't lower the seats either). They also like to move the cars, good or bad, with a fork lift. The last thing I would want to do is sell my hoard, if I had a hoard, to build one car that I have no control of the final product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Most TV shows anymore are plain stupidity...the people that talk know nothing about what their saying...especially when it comes to cars and trucks. Even Motor Trend makes some obvious mistakes...Only good shows I know of are Stacey David's Gears and Jay Leno's Garage. That's probably a 63 in the picture.
I thought you said that you don't watch TV.

I have to agree with you that most of the car oriented shows kinda suck. I still DVR them because, well, I'm a car guy and there might be some tidbit of information that could be useful. I can't stand the shows that are about the drama of the builders not getting along like "Graveyard Cars" and in a way what "American Hot Rod" had become. The worst right now has got to be "Rods N' Wheels". What a bunch of dumb a$$es. On one episode they bought a Mustang stripped it and had it painted then they discover that the floor boards are completely rotted out. Absolutely clueless. A few I like are of course "Overhaulin" because Chip Foose is the man and "Fast and Loud" because I look at it as a sitcom with cars.
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.

Last edited by Slow Build; 04-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #15
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
I saw that one. They chopped the top on the van that they built for the guy and it looked like he really didn't fit in it at the end (can't lower the seats either). They also like to move the cars, good or bad, with a fork lift. The last thing I would want to do is sell my hoard, if I had a hoard, to build one car that I have no control of the final product.

I thought you said that you don't watch TV.

I have to agree with you that most of the car oriented shows kinda suck. I still DVR them because, well, I'm a car guy and there might be some tidbit of information that could be useful. I can't stand the shows that are about the drama of the builders not getting along like "Graveyard Cars" and in a way what "American Hot Rod" had become. A few I like are of course "Overhaulin" because Chip Foose is the man and "Fast and Loud" because I look at it as a sitcom with cars.
I don't watch TV. lol But my version of TV is Youtube....I see alot of TV shows on there.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
66Project

The only two decent "reality" car shows are Fast and Loud and Overhauling (as long as Chip doesn't cry). I'm not sure what they were thinking with the hoarder show. I think most of these are one season and they make there money and run.

Graveyard Cars? How is this show still on the air? Who really wants to watch all that drama and the owner being such a know it all just to have the cars go back to stock. No fun.

If they claim to be a knowledge base and a how to show then most of the time there nothing more than a car info commercial....TruckU (the worse), Two Girls Garage etc. Car fix is slowly slipping down that path, even though I'm huge fans of Lou and Jared and there most recent build of the Camaro was sick.

Stacy David's Gears sometimes talks more than does. Some of them are good and some are info commercials. He does a lot of recaping and tours of companies and products. I'm still a fan though.

My recommended car shows are of course Powerblock/Powernation (or whatever its called these days) Truly good TV without "deadlines" and they have tons of how to. I've been watching them for years and they have really stuck to there guns on how the shows are presented. Theyve had many names but the shows never really change. There local to us so its not uncommon to run into them at car shows. Kevin Tetz is amazing and a real nice guy. Ran into him at Goodguys when his green fastback parked next to me in the parking lot. He was inline for tickets just like everyone else, he just got a press pass with his. He later moved the car into the car show and was featured on the Powerblock show the following weekend. It was his personal build and pretty unreal.

I'm also digging Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, and Legendary Motor Cars. There not really how to but there good background noise when working in the garage.
5.3 LS 700r4
Still in progress....still
66Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #17
earl84

Gotta second or third how bad Graveyard Cars is. That guy is a jackass. I watched my first episode and was asking myself "Is this guy for real?" Watched a second one and found out that he was like that all the time. Won't ever watch another episode of that garbage.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #18
familyfast64

I'm against the hoarders show too. That sooo called pro surely did make a jackass out of himself on the corvair episode trying to send the van out for paint before the metal work was even close to finished. Quit tooting your own horn and just work! Being afraid of your reputation going down hill by helping someone overhaul their corvair can only happen when you have a reputation! I would have buried them within my board had they disrespected me like that while trying to get money off My stuff. I believe it's a conspiracy to get rid of everything classic or vintage and to drive up the prices.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #19
familyfast64

Oh but I agree, graveyard cars really pissed me off many times. That smart alec is constantly degrading his employees but I have a feeling he would do anything for them. Like he's prolly really just a big joker and those are his family. Maybe maybe not, but regardless, that dude knows his mopar! I used to like Jessie James but he flaked out. And I currently like fast and loud just cause they are more like the average backyard mechanics altho I believe they should be slapped for ripping guys off, buying a car for a grand, putting 5 in it and then not selling for less than 25 gs is insane. Don't they know the people they buy from will see that they are just some coin artists? Whatever tho, it takes all kinds.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #20
encasedmetal

velocity channel is the best out there- regular discovery channel has too much drama on it.
encasedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #21
par4tom

There's another one on MSNBC called The Car Chasers...not bad. Not a lot of car builds but it beats watching a lot of other junk on TV..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7236896
Building Your Own Speaker Kick Pods
http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730495
par4tom is offline   Reply With Quote