The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
bloibl

LS wiring harness guidence needed

Guy's my Brother and I are working on a C-10 truck and we are putting in a LQ4 motor and 4l80 transmission in the truck. We have all components including the computer, throttle module and all wiring out of a early 2007 2500HD. We are at the stage that we need to address the wiring and computers. what is the best way to go regarding the wiring harness and computer for my ls motor. Should we buy all new or send off the existing wiring and computer and have it re flashed. We are not sure if the aftermarket world has put out cost effective products or is it still more effective to send this stuff off.

Also we are putting on a ls2 intake if that matters. thanks in advance for the help
bloibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
chasinhiway

Re: LS wiring harness guidence needed

I did the harness on my 5.3/4l60 swap myself with the help of LT1swap.com. He also reflashed my ecm. I highly recommend him. Its not that hard to do.
chasinhiway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
hugger6933

Talk to John Spears at Speartech in IN. He work for the General and helped develope the wiring and stuff in the Corvette[ C what number that first had the LS]He redid my 6.0 wiring for my lemans convert and it has a 4 l80E and reflashed my PCM. This was back when it had been done like in 2003 I got a real early 03 suburban rollover and got the drivetrain. I have a nother 6.0 laying around with a 4l80E and I had thought about putting it in one of my 70's. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
hugger6933

He did what he said he would in the time he said he would for what he said it would cost. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
Jfarns03

WAIT4ME WAS THe sorry forgot caps lock was on,, WAIT4ME. Did my harness and they were great. Trucks running like a raped ape

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...43#post6129043
Jfarns03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
DjS71

Won't hardly cost you a thing but time (aside from programming) to mod the harness yourself. I plan on doing that, and if I fail miserably, I'll just buy one. Also, check out the LSX Swap Forum and search, you should be able to find tons of info.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
chevy72blu

I took the easy way out and bought a harness from PSIconversion, but I didnt have one to start with. Fantastic product, though. Cant speak highly enough of them

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
TwinsSpeedShop

mine was FREE. I use the factory fuse block and hook 3 wires to the bottom of it and it runs! Before the comments start, yes the factory fuse block is large, but its free!! we all know how these projects can snowball and money can get tight, and that said, I will one day strip my harness and do a small fuse block that eliminates all the unneeded stuff in the factory one. LT1SWAP is great source for info and help, thats who helped me get started doing these swaps. He doesn't cover the 03-07 factory fuse block wiring but I figured it out and got my running. Let me know if you need any of that info.
TwinsSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:59 AM   #9
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

The whole thing is to rid oyurself of all of the things that you do not need. Places like Speed and Performance will charge big bucks for a harness and if you have not spent some time doing wiring, then doiong it yourself may be a major undertaking. I ahve a buddy in Topeka, Ks, that doesthis stuff in his garage and his spare time. His price is reasonable and he really gets involved doing it. Try sending an E-mail to the following to see what price he would do it for you. He does computer tunes, also.

Anthony Dreiling aknovaman@gmail.com