The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
WhiteWhale

Suburban upper gate supports

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Here are some pics of what the wife calls "The Hulk", 327/SM420/3.73 posi still wearing her original paint.

Now back to reality. Wondering if anyone has adapted some supports from a chevy wagon or cut down some corvette hood supports? Anyone have any recommendations on replacement?

Thanks

Last edited by chevy_mike; 04-17-2014 at 10:46 AM.
WhiteWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
63burban
Chevy addict

Re: Suburban upper gate supports

Nice truck, I have tried wagon supports but they are a little bulky
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
WhiteWhale

Being broke prevents me from posting a WTB ad so looking for any ideas for replacing or alternate parts use for upper hatch supports.

Any and all info greatly appreciated.

T
Old 04-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Being broke prevents me from posting a WTB ad so looking for any ideas for replacing or alternate parts use for upper hatch supports.

Any and all info greatly appreciated.

T
Totally understand and this is why I left the thread open. I just removed the two wanted items (hatch supports and middle seat) but left the rest, so if any one has a good idea, they can post up. Had it been the typical WTB post, it would have been closed.

Regardless of anyone's financial situation, we all need to follow the rules. Hopefully someone might have a great idea that will help you out.

Thanks for understanding and welcome to the forum.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
WhiteWhale

Thanks for the understanding.

You dont know how much it hurt to see my friends kids jump up and hang on the gate to try and close it! Since there was only one it just folded and broke, Ive never been so close to punching a kid in the face. Fast forward 10 years and Im no where closer to finding any for under the price I purchased the whole truck for.