The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Mose

Needing a Referral in Memphis, TN Area

Hey all. I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out. I've recently obtained my grandfather's 1967 Chevy C/10 truck with the 283 motor and need to get it overhauled. Truck runs but has not been properly maintained for several years.

My grandfather passed away 3 years ago and the truck has been in the possession of a family member. I've been working diligently to get it back and finally crossed that hurdle last weekend.

So, as you can see, the truck is very dear to me and I don't want to put it in anyone's hands that isn't reputable. I know my way around an engine but doing this level of work is out of my range.

If anyone can recommend someone for this type of work in the Memphis, TN area, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Mose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Needing a Referral in Memphis, TN Area

Welcome to the site. go to Southaven to the salvage yard on the North side of the street[the main one that runs through there]Southaven auto salvage I think and ask some of the counter guys in there. That way it could keep it a little closer to home. I have bought parts from those guys and they are stand up guys. I'm sure they can tell you the name of some shops they would and do trust their stuff to. I have used them before without any problems and always been happy with them. The guys I remember from that area were from my racing days and they are all pretty fuzzy now.I don't do that kind of work and never pick up work from here always too busy, but I will be willing to help if I can. Good luck and happy sanding. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Mose

Thanks for the referral. I'll check it out.
Mose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Trucolur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mose View Post
Hey all. I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out. I've recently obtained my grandfather's 1967 Chevy C/10 truck with the 283 motor and need to get it overhauled. Truck runs but has not been properly maintained for several years.

My grandfather passed away 3 years ago and the truck has been in the possession of a family member. I've been working diligently to get it back and finally crossed that hurdle last weekend.

So, as you can see, the truck is very dear to me and I don't want to put it in anyone's hands that isn't reputable. I know my way around an engine but doing this level of work is out of my range.

If anyone can recommend someone for this type of work in the Memphis, TN area, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Are you wanting the motor redone ??? I take my engines to dyno tech 795-3000 ask for ricky. This is ricky stenhouse jr's dad's engine shop. They do awesome work!!!! If you want it painted I'd take it to memphis collision they will take it to the metal and back up !!! With a guaranty !! Nice work !!! Ask for bob !382-7000 nice places !! They are not a real fast place to go but they take there time and it WILL BE RIGHT when it comes home!!!
Trucolur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
diggerbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mose View Post

Barry Burch in Bartlett, TN is a top notch guy for working on the old classics (as well as the new stuff). He has a well equipped shop and he stays pretty busy most of the time so it may take a little while, but he can fix you up. I trust him with all the stuff I can't do myself.
diggerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
hugger6933

I too am familiar with the top notch work from Dynotec. But they are lumped into the group that I mentioned from my days racing dinosuars. I was under the impression for some reason they only did work on motors out of the chassis and on a stand [but like I said long time ago]. I am sure you will find the right fit for your project for this special truck. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #7
Ronnie the Wrench

Wecome aboard. Hope to see you criusing around the mid south soon.
Ronnie the Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote