The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
legotech7

Sequence on installations...

Hello all... Hope someone can help me with a few questions..... I will be installing air bags in my 70 short bed c10. In addition,I will also be installing dropped spindles and adding disk brakes to that. Also, swapping the rear axles to 5 lug conversion with a adjustable pan hard bar to that and a C- notch. Dropped shocks all around and a relocation kit for the shocks in the rear. My question is, where do I start first? Spindles, disk, bags, at the front than, C- notch, axles, bags adjustable pan hard bar? Is there a preferred sequence or does it really matter?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you might. First time for me........
legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
71tahoe

Re: Sequence on installations...

In how many stages do you want to do it? Looks like 2 and I didn't see mention of what you would be doing for wheels when you drop the front then rear. Might want to put master cylinder and proportioning valve on the list too.

On the front, how many times do you want to have it aligned?(assuming you want to drive it between wrenching) Your new spindles should come with all new ball joints and tie-rod ends which will likely change your alignment. Then with the new ride height on bags, it could change again.

You will want to get a good air management system that adjusts each corner independently and I'm not sure how well that will support one axle at a time upgrades.

I think more info is needed for a great answer but I'll offer my $.02...

Try the back first with the c-notch and adjustable panhard rod. That can be a stopping point or if time allows, do the rear bag install which includes some sort of management for the air. You can just install Schrader valves directly to each bag as an option. Might be a good idea to do the shock relocators now too if you plan to ride with it low. Probably the next phase would be all the bags, management system, front spindles and disks with MC and prop valve and do the axle swap too so those new wheels can be installed before a one time alignment. You will also have to adjust the panhard bar for your final ride height again unless you got that the first go-round.
71tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
TobyArnot
Quit if it's not FUN!!!

As a side note: Some of the adjustable Panhard bars have the thru bolt so close to the mounting plate that it almost impossible to get a wrench or socket on the hex. I complained to CCP about the one I bought from them, but my comment fell on deaf ears. Just check wrench clearance before your install.
TobyArnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
legotech7

Than you guy's.... In response to 71tahoe,I have everything I need to complete the air ride, ( management system, etc.. ) and everything else for the brake system. I'm pretty much well set on everything I need, but just wanted to know if there were a preferred...., first place to start if you will. And details like TobyArnot mentioned about the thru bolt. Greta information.. But if there are other tips or problems I might run into that might help me with these modifications, I sure appreciate all the input I can get...

Thanks one and all.......
legotech7 is offline   Reply With Quote