The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
Bullitt Classics

2wd Blazer build

Hey Guys,

New to the whole forum thing. (took me 10 min just to figure out how to post on here..)

Looking to build a nice driver 2wd Blazer with my boys to try to turn a few bucks and keep them interested in the craft. (one day I will build one as nice as Wasted Incomes...) Most likely we will start with a 4x4 just because of the availability. So first off we will have the conversion to deal with.

Wasted Income, got me thinking about what I want to put in this truck, I love the idea of an LS setup. Probably an auto at this point, although with a slight breeze i could be pushed over the edge to put a 6 speed in it... I have always thought of doing an LS2 but not even sure where to start. I have considered buying a wreck at the local insurance auction.

What is a good price for that type of setup?
What vehicles would you look for to get a good one?
Do I need to worry about 4 bolt/2 bolt mains?
Aluminum vs iron block?
What all do i HAVE to get from the donor car/truck?
Any MUST Do!, or MUST NOT do! thoughts?

The local junk yard has a 69, 6 bolt drum setup in the yard. I can buy the front a arm assembly for $100 and probably the trailing arms for not much more, although it is a longbed.. are these parts worth buying, being a 6 bolt or should i just buy aftermarket?

The top is a whole other topic....

So there is a start..Thanks in advance

Kent
Bullitt Classics is offline   Reply With Quote