The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #1
STEBS

bought another truck

Just picked it up yesterday, bought it for $600...

Supposedly the cab has been swapped, so not sure on the year yet, the guy said 69, has a 72 front clip, and the vin on the glove box is conflicting according to the vin decoder in the lmc catalog

350/4speed/205

Few body panels need some love, but considering how frankenstien, most the body is impressivly straight

Towed it home, popped a battery in it, got it started, fiddled with the timing and carb real quick, drove it around the block

Quadrajet needs some carb work, got a 1406 edel im going to thow a kit into and put on it

Ive always wanted a 67-72 k10 so i kind of dont want to geg rid of it, but im toying with the idea of swapping the carb, get it runnin good, fab a bumper for it, little body work, fresh coat of paint, clean up and fix odd and ends in the interior, and put a $3k price tag on it to help pay for the 55 chevy truck im building... BUT it would be nice to build a nice toy out of it and wheel it, its too far from original to consider a resto

So needless to say, im undecided on whether i will fix it and keep it or fix it and sell it... I plan to start a business soon buying and flipping cars, everything from just the cheap highschool runners that need a head gasket, to full on resto's and resto mods... And considering 4 months ago i only had my daily driver 92 k1500, and now ive aquired 4 more trucks... This for 600, and 3 others for free (76 f100, 55 chevy truck, and an all original special order one owner 68gmc k20) and im thinking this one bein picked up for so cheap, that runs and drives, would be a nice start to getting my business off the ground...
73 Ford F100 2wd, getting FI 4.6L powertrain swap
79 Subaru Brat Awd
jandsmotorsports50@yahoo.com
STEBS is offline   Reply With Quote