The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
blazercrazy70

Thinking about ls swap looking for some help

I'm wanting to put an ls motor in have done some research, but looking for anybody who has done one for some advice. Wondering which engine is easiest install. I want an all aluminum. I have read where the firebird and I believe Camara engines have the oil pan that will go over the cross member with no problems. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just looking for guidance also which transmission is works best.
blazercrazy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
YBNORML

Re: Thinking about ls swap looking for some help

There is an LS sub forum under the engine and drivetrain section. Lots of great info in there. Probably answer most of your questions.
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #3
Ridgeclimber

Re: Thinking about ls swap looking for some help

I put a couple of ls engines in my truck. I got engines out of the 2000 to 2007 chev trucks. The truck engines are generally cheaper then the camero or corvette engines. The truck engines have a taller intake, which I read that they claim to make more torque, but there's plenty of room. They have a cast steel block but I think I was told it is only about 75 lbs. heavier then the aluminum blocks. The cast blocks are better if you are going to make big power with them. I then used the trail blazer ss exhaust manifolds. I also used early classic engine mounts and trani mounts. The truck engine oil pan also fits good aswell. It was a bit of work but well worth it. Go for it, good luck.
Ridgeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote