The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

NHRA classes

Okay, so my other thread I was provided a link to NHRARacer.com to read about rules for driveline loops. Read just about everything that my truck would be included on. Even read all the safety stuff for pits and such fourth.

As far as classes go, what do I click on to read about class requirements?
http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...000&zoneid=132

I have not yet been assigned a class as my truck hasn't been to the track more than twice, but with all the things I'm doing and wanting to do to my truck, I don't want to break any rules. Also, when I get my truck back out on the track, I'm almost 100% sure it will be in the mid 11's to low 12's. I'm shooting for mid to low 10's.

What I mean is, I'd rather build my truck to be able to run faster than 10's and comply with all the rules and regs. That way I don't have to go back and re-do things if need be.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: NHRA classes

10.000 is a line that gets REAL expensive to step over. If your going to build gor 9.999,, you build for a 8.50 or 7.50 cert. Your budget will be more of a limiting factor than your NHRA drivers license and the full certified cage you build will be.

Bracket racing (Summit Series) is the place to start. If your not going to run full electronics with a delay box and throttle stop,,, shift timers bla bla (If you are I have a complete package right down to data logger for sale) Then run the 'PRO' class (used to be called 'sportsman' now is 'PRO' and electronics is 'SuperPro'

It's the best 'get your feet wet' racing. Otherwise your following the NHRA circuit around the country to race any of the Super (Super street, Super gas, Super comp...). And to be competitive inthe 'stock' classes (again following the class around the division / country) takes a HUGE budget. Those guys spend many many MANY thousands on making 'stock' parts go fast.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
regan wilson

Build a roll bar that will convert to cage to begin with. That way you wont have to start over if you end up in the nines. Remember speed is addictive.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

All good advice . Start out with a dial in bracket class and start to hone your skills . I learn ( through mistakes ) something new every race .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote