The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #1
Cercious

3 Speed Shifter Help

Hey, guys... Need a little bit of information. I've been searching online and on this forum for a few weeks, and I've been coming up empty. I did a floor shift conversion for my 3ott using a shifter that's basically the same as the Mr. Gasket shifter. It's crap. I wouldn't feel safe driving my truck like that. I've been lead to believe that my transmission is a 3 speed Muncie, but I haven't looked up the numbers on it, yet. It does have synchros, though. I've been giving serious thought to the Hurst Mastershift series, but not sure which one + instillation kit to get to fit my truck.

On the other hand, I bought a new shift bowl for my column since the whole reason I switched to floor shift was I couldn't find one to replace my broken one. Only problem is, since I did the conversion 5 years ago, I've lost most of my shifter linkage stuff, including the levers that fit the side of the transmission.

So, really... two questions: If I go with the Hurst Mastershift, which one do I get, and what installation kit do I need? Also, where can I find replacement shifter linkage parts for my original column shift if I don't go with the Mastershift?

Any and all help is appreciated, even if it's just calling me an idiot for drilling a hole in my floor. Thanks, guys.

Information: 1971 Chevrolet Custom/10, 350 V-8, 3 Speed (Muncie?)

-Patrick
Cercious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Re: 3 Speed Shifter Help

I doubt very seriously the transmission is a muncie id say its the fabulous 3 speed saginaw , what I would do if I was you is put a wanted ad on this site for 3 ott parts and fix it back to 3 on the tree ! Its the coolest shifter ever ! If you stay with a floor shift id get on ebay wnd buy a good quality shifter that has all the rods and mounting hardware with it ,,,,, good luck ,,,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote