The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
wolffcub

Brake issue with my new setup

Converted the 52 with a disk kit back in the day and ran drums in the rear. Things appeared to run ok even though the truck was never 100% done and only test driven. Now i changed out my rear end and the new one has disk brakes. The disk disk setup never worked with the other proportioning valve from the disk drum setup so i bought the WILWOOD ADJUSTABLE COMBINATION PROPORTIONING VALVE. After installing that the brakes were always super spongy after bleeding at least half a dozen times.

Went out and bought a new master cylinder today that i know was based on a disk disk setup and im still getting this poor feeling pedal at times. When i say at times i mean this.........when the valve dial is set full counterclockwise (less rear brake) the pedal feels perfect, as i turn in the pedal the spongy feel comes back. To me it does not seem normal this happening when allowing more pressure to the rear

Any ideas?
wolffcub is offline   Reply With Quote