The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
A.Bursell

Jack Equipment Mounting Orientation

Hello,

My '67 originally had a rubber mat and I have removed that and the seat with the goal of installing carpet. All of the original jack equipment was there and I removed it as well so that I could get the carpet in. My question is, can anyone show me the correct orientation for the equipment installed? I'm thinking it should be the same as with the bare floor, but I forgot to take a picture. Oops. A picture would be great. Also, the studs for the gas pedal- holes in the carpet with studs poking through or holes with studs screwed in on top of carpet?

Thanks!

Adam
A.Bursell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
gonnuts

Re: Jack Equipment Mounting Orientation

I think mine is right, it wasn't in the truck when I got it so I figured out the jig saw puzzle by trial & error, but I think I got it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  99.0 KB
Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
A.Bursell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnuts View Post
I think mine is right, it wasn't in the truck when I got it so I figured out the jig saw puzzle by trial & error, but I think I got it.

Attachment 1279544
That looks like how I remember! Any chance of a closer picture of the spring routing and possibly the bracket that attaches to the gas tank so I can see a little better?

Also, do the studs for your gas pedal sit on top of the carpet or poke through?

Thanks!

Adam
Old 07-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
gonnuts

I'll look and see if I have a better picture, I think I took one before I put the carpet in so I could remember. It's kinda hard to get a good picture now as the buddies don't slide forward. I just poked the studs through the carpet.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
gonnuts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  40.6 KB
Best I have
Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
A.Bursell

Quote:
Attachment 1279892
Best I have
That looks great and is very helpful! I have been trying to figure out the little tab that is attached to one of the bolts for the gas tank. Can't quite tell where it is/what it is doing. Do you have it on yours?

Adam
Old 07-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
R.L.

I thought the handle and lug wrench was in a cardboard sleeve in the same corner as the jack, since the seat doesn't fold how do you get to the wrench; from under the seat?
R.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
gonnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.L. View Post
I thought the handle and lug wrench was in a cardboard sleeve in the same corner as the jack, since the seat doesn't fold how do you get to the wrench; from under the seat?
Not sure, I think that's on newer trucks, on 67 benches the back folded forward, they might have done something different on CST's because I could get mine out due to the seats folding forward but it's not easy... If the seats didn't fold you'd have to do something different.
Adam, I think there was a clip attached to the bolt that the spring clips around but I can't remember for sure.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
A.Bursell

Quote:
Not sure, I think that's on newer trucks, on 67 benches the back folded forward, they might have done something different on CST's because I could get mine out due to the seats folding forward but it's not easy... If the seats didn't fold you'd have to do something different.
Adam, I think there was a clip attached to the bolt that the spring clips around but I can't remember for sure.
Yes-- the seat folds forward on my '67.

This is a u-shaped clip that bolts under one of the gas tank bolts. I'm just not sure what it was for, I know nothing was on it when I took it out. I really should have taken pictures!

Adam
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #10
A.Bursell

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Bursell View Post
Yes-- the seat folds forward on my '67.

This is a u-shaped clip that bolts under one of the gas tank bolts. I'm just not sure what it was for, I know nothing was on it when I took it out. I really should have taken pictures!

Adam
I think I see how that clip holds the spring now from the pictures. I think I've got it.

Thanks!

Adam
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #11
gonnuts

K glad I could help