The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
amashal

Rear brake lines

1971 Blazer 2wd. I ordered new rear axle brake lines and they don't fit. They meet up just above the pumpkin but my brake hose mounts to the passenger side axle tube. Is the axle tube a factory mount for the brake hose or should it be mounted above the rear pumpkin? I called the vendor I bought the brake lines from and they think someone moved the mounting location. If you have bought brake lines with the brake hose mounted on passenger side tube can you give me part #'s please.

Thanks,

Alex
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
1tuff71

Re: Rear brake lines

Good luck finding the lines in that set up. Mine has the same mount and could not find the right lines anywhere. I ordered lines from Inline Tube and got the wrong ones from them and after MANY phone calls to them I gave up ( they are useless as far as helping you out ) and took a couple measurements and ordered a set of straight lines which should be here in a couple days. Save yourself the headache and call Classic Tube and have them send what you need. Cost me $32 for the 2 lines I needed and I'll bend them up myself. Hopefully this solves my problem. This set up that you and I have seems to be rare according to Inline Tube but I've seen this setup before and like I said the guys there have no clue as to what we have. Good luck if you call them.
1tuff71 is offline   Reply With Quote