The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

R U running a Caddy, Sanderson headers?

I'm curious if any of you guys running a 500 Caddy or equivalent are running Sanderson block hugger headers? I'm wondering if the cross member would interfere with these.

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sand...0-Engines.html
Old 07-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: R U running a Caddy, Sanderson headers?

I imagine it's the same deal whether small block,big block,Caddy,or any other V8 with a center dump vs crossmember location. I never ran them and thought they would only work on a 4wd,since that's how the factory manifolds are. But I have Sanderson block huggers for my '67 project (327) I bought from a member who said he had them bolted up on his 2wd. I'm still not sure about them,but I also have a 4wd and the price was right.
So basically,sorry I can't help you ...Let's see what turns up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
low&slow
Account Suspended

From what I've gathered up and figured out for my truck which is a 69 c10 with a 500 caddy, is that if I wanted to run headers that stay inside the frame rails, I'd have to run the headers you have listed or these ones:

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sand...El-Camino.html

Now from the measurements I have done could be different than your application as far as how you installed the motor.

The way I installed mine is I didn't do any mods to any of the cross members excluding the cross member for the transmission. In order for me to do it how I did it is I used rubber spacers between the motor mounts and the motor itself resulting in the motor sitting higher than where a big block would sit.

But all in all, my best advice would be to take the measurements from the website and use cardboard tubes to create the headers themselves and see if they will work or not.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I don't have the engine installed yet. But I can get the headers for a little better price plus free shipping if I buy before the end of the month. So no way to take good measurements.