The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
murphy98

Temporary graphics makeover for my '62!

Hey guys,
I had the wonderful opportunity to take part in the Alliston Ontario 41st Annual Potato Festival Parade this past Friday evening. My '62 GMC was part of the local GM Dealership entry so I thought a small temporary graphics makeover for my truck to support the Dealership was in order. Those of you who know my truck know that it's done up as a British American Oil service station shop truck, however for this event I came up with a period style "GMC" parts & service" shop truck logo to cover up the BA logo & added the GM dealership info on the stake rails. The other drivers in the dealership convoy insisted I take the lead with my '62, followed by a couple of brand new GMC & Chevy crew cab trucks with a smokin' new Black Camaro at the tail end. My wife and I had an amazing time, perfect evening weather and huge crowds of young and old lining the the streets on the parade route. Great to see the faces on the young kids when they laid their eyes on the '62! Not one to brag but I think the '62 stole the show in our entry. Got tons of thumbs up from the crowd along the route which took about an hour to complete. Going to keep the temporary graphics in hopes I can do it again next year! Had a great time and must extend a big thank you to the Ernie Dean GM dealership for their interest in my '62 being part of their parade entry. I have posted a few pic of the new graphics on my truck along with a few of the staging area just before the parade got started. I hope to get some crowd view shots soon. I must admit, the new GMC shop truck graphics are giving me ideas for a possible future shop truck project
Attached Images

murphy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
flashed

Re: Temporary graphics makeover for my '62!

Very nice truck ,the best one there.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

That GMC logo looks great as does the entire truck. You should sell copies of the logo as a wall hanging for our garages.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Very cool Murphy! Went to a well deserved truck!
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Congratulations on what looks like a very fun adventure. No doubt your truck was the highlight of the event, and probably resulted in many smiles that might have been indifferent without your contribution. Truck looks fantastic as always! No matter how many times I see it, I always take a few minutes to study the details. You've done a great job making it interesting and different.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Greg63
Enjoy your truck

The truck looks good with the decals.
I had hoped to get out to the Saturday show but it wasn't to be.

Greg.
1 Corinthians 10:13

1963 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Greg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
RANDY COX

Sweet
Old 08-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
murphy98

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Very nice truck ,the best one there.
Thanks very much flashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
That GMC logo looks great as does the entire truck. You should sell copies of the logo as a wall hanging for our garages.
Thanks for the compliment & suggestion aerotruk63, not sure GM would want me selling their copyrighted material I was lucky the print shop that printed up & laminated the signs for me actually did the work! Most prints shops around here anyway won't print stuff you don't own the copyrights too. I guess because I mentioned they were for the GM dealership they figured it was OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Very cool Murphy! Went to a well deserved truck!
Thanks very much T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Congratulations on what looks like a very fun adventure. No doubt your truck was the highlight of the event, and probably resulted in many smiles that might have been indifferent without your contribution. Truck looks fantastic as always! No matter how many times I see it, I always take a few minutes to study the details. You've done a great job making it interesting and different.
Thanks very much markeb01, I really did enjoy the looks on the people's faces especially the young ones with their wide eyes, jaws dropped in some cases when they saw the truck. Hearing their little voices saying "love your truck" warms the heart I must admit. At the few shows I have attended I do hear a lot of people say "the attention to detail is amazing" I guess the old saying is true, it's the little subtle things that make the difference sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg63 View Post
The truck looks good with the decals.
I had hoped to get out to the Saturday show but it wasn't to be.
Greg.
Thanks Greg, sorry you were not able to make the show on Saturday, could have used another 60-66 truck there, we were out numbered by several '55-57 trucks. I was one of only two for our year range, there was also a '63 Chevy C-10 there. Really good turnout at 250+ vehicles lining Victoria street. Maybe we can meet up at the Dufferin County Museum Antique car & motorcycle show next Sunday afternoon? I'll send you the details in case you are free to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY COX View Post
Sweet
Thanks Randy!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
murphy98

This little fellow arrived in the mail today, been searching for this one for quite awhile now. I have the Car Quest auto parts version but one is way cooler! This was the inspiration behind the temporary graphics for the parade truck. Now the mission is to someday create a full size version of this awesome looking '60 GMC as a daily driver. If I'm really lucky maybe I'll find one with a GMC V6 in it.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
rambler
MOVE OVER

looks great! nice job..
Old 08-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #11
NEWFISHER

AWESOME! I love it
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
Greg63
Enjoy your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy98 View Post
This little fellow arrived in the mail today, been searching for this one for quite awhile now. I have the Car Quest auto parts version but one is way cooler! This was the inspiration behind the temporary graphics for the parade truck. Now the mission is to someday create a full size version of this awesome looking '60 GMC as a daily driver. If I'm really lucky maybe I'll find one with a GMC V6 in it.
I also have that one.
Your truck, with the temporary graphics, reminded me of that.
Greg.
1 Corinthians 10:13

1963 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Greg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #13
duallyjams

Looks great.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #14
WhippinSaw

Your truck has been an inspiration for me murphy98, now that I'm finished copying your step bumper, maybe some door art? Is the logo a magnet covering?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #15
murphy98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
Your truck has been an inspiration for me murphy98, now that I'm finished copying your step bumper, maybe some door art? Is the logo a magnet covering?
Thanks WhippinSaw, your bed rails inspired the ones I just put on my truck recently! Made them for 1x4 PVC trim boards so no rot & no need to paint them. As for the temporary GMC signs, the print shop that printed & laminated them up for me did add magnetic strip tape to the back to stick to the doors. I now have one of them on my shop door which is a steel fire door & the other on a steel parts cabinet I have. They look good there too.