The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Custom blend...

Just went and picked this prize up. it is a 68 Chevy with a GMC front cap and 72 model doors. It starts, drives and stops. It came with some odds and ends for spare parts,, it even has a tailgate. Got to decide wheter to tune it and clean it up to flip or part it out. I am going to run it around here in my neighborhood a while this afternoon, that will help me decide. Notice the big block shroud...
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Steve Cole

Re: Custom blend...

Why would you part a running, driving truck that isn't a rust bucket? That thing is in too good a shape to part, flip it. My .02.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
specialtyretail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
Why would you part a running, driving truck that isn't a rust bucket? That thing is in too good a shape to part, flip it. My .02.
You have a valid point Steve. It is rusty, but not as much as some I see for sale/selling. It has a wiring issue as far as the lights go but I am always dragging trucks in that would have have a wiring harness. I am leaning towards your way of thinking. Plus I get to dig through all the goodies the previous owners have left in it, one of my favorite parts of buying/selling these old trucks, you never know what you will find. Thanks, Fred.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Tinkermc

And I thought I was the only wierd one here for liking to look under and under and in everything.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
specialtyretail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
And I thought I was the only wierd one here for liking to look under and under and in everything.
Just like hunting easter eggs. In the last few years I have taken to wearing gloves when I stick my hand up under the seat of a truck I have just met.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
motorcritter

FrankenTruck! It has a lot of potential to save a lot of project trucks! Something for everyone! I bought a '72 C20 Custom parts truck, cab was really bad (rotted roof!), but everything else was useable for the other projects- so it's getting broken for bits, as my British pals would say. Kind of like an organ donor for pickup trucks!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
specialtyretail

Organ donor is what we call most of them we bring in. The truck has wiring issues, needs tires badly and has other issues.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #8
specialtyretail

Took it for another joy ride around the neighborhood. Starts, stops, runs, drives, shifts, I think we are going to put it on the market,, Cheap... The three speed trans shifts great and is fully synchronized. I may throw it on the Trucks for sale board here. Thanks, Fred.