The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
mikespinto

You ever get cold feet about selling your rig?

Ever post an ad of your completed rig and get a confirmed offer but start getting seller's remorse?

How do you deal? I want a new project and need to let this completed one go before I get the next one.

Therapy???
mikespinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
J kippin

Re: You ever get cold feet about selling your rig?

yup I got them as soon as I listed it I know I sold it way too cheap but I guess no one was that interested in a real Cheyenne Super that had been modified.
Funny I have a Harley FLH that I cant sell for 7000 K every one wants it for nothing.
I do have a 76 Stingray as a driver/project but it is not the same as the truck.....Not a bolt under that did I not touch.

Name:  71 c10 004.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  49.3 KB
J kippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
mikespinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by J kippin View Post
yup I got them as soon as I listed it I know I sold it way too cheap but I guess no one was that interested in a real Cheyenne Super that had been modified.
Funny I have a Harley FLH that I cant sell for 7000 K every one wants it for nothing.
I do have a 76 Stingray as a driver/project but it is not the same as the truck.....Not a bolt under that did I not touch.
whoa! you sold that Cheyenne Super?
Or ended up holding on to it?

I had a Harley i was trying to sell for MONTHS and eventually got a buyer but still had the remorse when the guy came with is truck and cash
Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I guess the question everyone has to ask themselves is why do I want to sell my truck.. There is a big difference between needing to ( the obvious reason being cash is needed ) and wanting to for a multitude of reasons. I just parted with mine this past Saturday and here is a link to the thread I posted after it sold.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...28#post6797128

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
J kippin

yep that's the one that went sold on ebay went to Florida on a truck today I feel the guy stole it for what he paid. lots of time and work into that truck never touched the body paint was over 13 years old and still looked great it was an original Arkansas truck.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
J kippin

I haven't ridden the Harley for a few years.... I rebuilt it new Je pistons 10.5:1edelbrock RPM heads etc lots of performance upgrades through out the bike.... puts 106hp to the rear wheel I have a back injury that prohibits me from riding now.
Any how I was hoping to sell that and not the C10 but you know how bills go sometimes you need to get rid of things.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
slowcpe

While not a truck I had that with my Mustang. Put it up for sale a couple of times and backed out. Finally sold it last Nov. when I purchased my first C10. It was a little unsettling cleaning a car out that I had so much history with and even worse watching it drive off. However I quickly got over it and now know it was something that needed to be done.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
mikespinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I guess the question everyone has to ask themselves is why do I want to sell my truck.. There is a big difference between needing to ( the obvious reason being cash is needed ) and wanting to for a multitude of reasons. I just parted with mine this past Saturday and here is a link to the thread I posted after it sold.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...28#post6797128
Wow. Nice rig.
I need to buy a car more comfortable for my newborn daughter to ride in.
But I don't *need* the cash from this truck to get a new car.
But I *do* need to get rid of this to start on a new project (looking at a Blazer or classic Br*nco) because I can't have two of these beasts sitting around. My truck now is daily driven but like you, there are little things I want to do to it to get it where I want it. I just don't have the time or feel the *need* right now.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
mikespinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
While not a truck I had that with my Mustang. Put it up for sale a couple of times and backed out. Finally sold it last Nov. when I purchased my first C10. It was a little unsettling cleaning a car out that I had so much history with and even worse watching it drive off. However I quickly got over it and now know it was something that needed to be done.
I hope to quickly get over this.
Although only a few years and not a frame off but a nice bring back from the dead rebuild, I have caught feelings for this truck. But there are others out there and this will now clear the space and give me the opportunity to build EXACTLY what I want.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #10
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

I traded my 72 swb 4x4 away 4 or 5 years ago and I still miss seeing it every time I go out the door. It needed a bunch of work and reverse was out in the trans, but I still hated to get rid of it. I was in the guy's town that bought it awhile back, so I rode past his house and it wasn't parked in the back yard where he had it, so maybe he decided it was a lost cause too.

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
sixtyeightC10

I've been married, had a daughter, and through a divorce, and I've had some attractive offers for the truck, but I still have my old '68. Yes, I would have some MAJOR remorse if I were to sell my truck.
sixtyeightC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
Mindl3ss

I've owned something like 15+ different vehicles since getting my license ~12 years ago. Some I've regretted selling, others not as much.

I had a '78 Bonanza C10 short bed in high school. It was my first pickup. When I sold it I didn't regret it because I was young(er) and stupid(er). I did eventually regret it, since I've never seen one as nice in original survivor condition.

The one I regret selling the most was my 1994 K1500. Kind of silly, but I have a history with it and selling it began the decline of my vehicles until recently.

I've had others I really loved that I sold, but I can't say I regret them because I had to sell them for financial reasons. In the end they are just things, and some things are more important than others. The ones I regret were the ones I didn't "need" to sell but I was bored with.
Mindl3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #13
sixtyeightC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindl3ss View Post
I've owned something like 15+ different vehicles since getting my license ~12 years ago. Some I've regretted selling, others not as much.

I had a '78 Bonanza C10 short bed in high school. It was my first pickup. When I sold it I didn't regret it because I was young(er) and stupid(er). I did eventually regret it, since I've never seen one as nice in original survivor condition.

The one I regret selling the most was my 1994 K1500. Kind of silly, but I have a history with it and selling it began the decline of my vehicles until recently.

I've had others I really loved that I sold, but I can't say I regret them because I had to sell them for financial reasons. In the end they are just things, and some things are more important than others. The ones I regret were the ones I didn't "need" to sell but I was bored with.
Like you, I've had many vehicles through the years. Some I have sold with deep regret, while others I just couldn't get rid of fast enough. My biggest regrets were when I sold my 1970 Nova, my 1969 Nissan L60 Patrol, and both of my 1949 Willys trucks.

Formerly known as mtndewmaniac66.
sixtyeightC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #14
Bad Jackson

Kudos to J Kippin, you said you sold it way too cheap. Hopefully the guy you sold it to knows he got a deal & appreciates it! Not everyone that loves classic cars can afford the premium price associated with them.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
davepl

Only thing I'll add here is don't sell a project when you're mad or frustrated with it. I had a '94 LT1 Vette. Ran 13.6 bone stock, which is apparently good for that year (such that people didn't believe it was pure stock). Added a Vortech S-Trim blower and it ran 11.9.

I was getting excited by that point, and had been kicked from the track for going into the 11s, so added a cage. Built a whole new motor with only the best parts, big dollar heads, 4340 forged everything, added an intercooler, new injectors, new tune, and so on.

Ran 11.9

At that point I was so frustrated with having invested a lot of time and money for no gain that I made only a few cursory attempts at fixing it before I traded it in. And you don't get money for cars like that on tradein. So I took a bath on it.

Had I stuck it in someone's carport for a year I would have been champing at the bit to have another go at it, but it's long gone now.

Lesson learned. Don't make mistakes in a hurry.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #16
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespinto View Post
Ever post an ad of your completed rig and get a confirmed offer but start getting seller's remorse?

How do you deal? I want a new project and need to let this completed one go before I get the next one.

Therapy???
I'll either be buried in imine or just dead and gone when the relations sell it. Either way I am not going to be caring much!
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:02 AM   #17
69chevytrucker

i just sold my camaro that i had for over ten yrs didnt think i would ever do it but the wife said one has to go figure i will get more out of my 69 c-10
69chevytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #18
lowrollin70gmc
Too many projects

It's tough to let them go, and I do think back on what if I had kept a few of them instead of selling. However, there is typically a reason for selling and if it's a good reason than letting it go down the road is tough but the best option at the time.

You'll feel better as you wrench on the new project and make new memories. I call it wrenching therapy.
68 K20 Suburban 12V Cummins/NV5600/NP205/D60/11.5AAM 3.73s "Dakota Cadillac"
63 Chevy II Nova Coupe 250 I6/T56/4.56s "Economy car"
53 Willys Wagon 350/NV4500/BW4401/HP D44/9inch “Winter Wagon”
30 Model A 16 Focus ST
lowrollin70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
slowcpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Only thing I'll add here is don't sell a project when you're mad or frustrated with it.
^this!

I've only done that with one vehicle, my Iroc 350. Loved that car and still a big fan of 3rd gen Camaros. Had it in college as a daily driver. Car was paid for. Well the t-tops leaked bad and one day after class I came out to the car to a puddle of water sitting in the seat. That was on a Thursday, on Saturday I was the proud owner of a GSX Eclipse complete with payment book. It probably was the right choice at the time, but I wouldn't mind having it back.

Fortunately I haven't sold a vehicle out of frustration since. Threatened to light them on fire and watch them burn to the ground on more than one occassion, but won't sell.

Back to my Mustang, that's one reason I feel I don't regret the decision as I was calm, had another project and took several years to pull the trigger.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
jocko

I got real cold feet after I sold it for $15.5K and the buyer, a young guy completely thrilled to finally have the truck of his dreams, flipped it a month later for $26k. Doh, that hurt. (that was my 66 swb)

I DO miss my 71 Cheyenne Super - I bought it as a "keeper" (but isn't that always the case?) and then I found my next "keeper" HA! The one owner Highlander supplanted the Cheyenne Super, and the rest is history. Now I'm still searching for that ever-elusive K20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper....

Here's to all the "gals" we've loved before....
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
jocko

oh, and this gal too... The moral of the story is that, while we're obviously sentimentally attached to these things, there will ALWAYS be another one that will fill that void that you may love even more. So, miss it, but don't fret over it, find the next one!
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #22
1971 GMC SHORTY

This One Left The Fleet Today Not What I wanted Needed Yard Space and She's Been Sitting 2 1/2 Years :-(
Attached Images

145CI M/P Pro Street FXR
2002 FXDP
2007 2500HD DURAMAX. DD
Studio Teamsters / Mechanic
Retired GM Master Tech 20 Years
Retired Ford Tech 15 Years
1971 GMC SHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
big_al_71

I have had three solid real offers on the table including one with the gentleman on the phone ready to hit enter for a wire transfer. I just could not pull the trigger and say yes mind you all these offers have been without me listing it or even offering it for sale. I asked my self what the hell will I buy or build next so I always go back to just keeping it. I don't need the money "Thank God" so I will literally sell it for no reason.
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #24
El Campo

Iv never sold anything even though I have bought a bunch of vehicles..... Except a 1992 Carmaro police car with all of the good accessories that I let go for 900 bucks. But I had only bought it hours earlier for 400 so that wasn't bad. I have too many vehicles and desperately need to sell a bunch of them....
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #25
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

I sold my stepper because I really wanted a fleet side. The only regret I have is the truck I bought to replace it wasn't what is was supposed to be when it showed up. Hind sight is 20/20, I'll be less quick to pull the trigger and fly out to look at the next "rust free" truck I buy.

My stepper that went to a great couple in Texas.
Name:  IMG_1896.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  73.1 KB

My new adventure in rust/body repairs...
Name:  rsz_lead.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  47.9 KB

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD