The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
jstrong394

Plug and play wiring harnesses?

I know the original wiring harness isn't great, haven't seen the one on my donor truck but I imagine it's in better shape. If the donor trucks harness is junk I would like to replace it. What are the best options. I was hoping to find something that is already plug and play.
jstrong394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
jsavage977

Re: Plug and play wiring harnesses?

painless performance makes some very nice and durable wiring harnesses. Probably the way to go if you are swapping in a LS engine or something. But there's no way for us to know that because you failed to give anymore information than "truck." Maybe if you include what you are attempting to do in your question someone might try to answer it.
Personally im a tight A and would probably go through and Frankenstein the two harnesses together if it was me.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
jstrong394

I'm going with a carb so the engine wiring harness isn't going to change other than running some electric fans. It's a c10 with power locks and windows. Eventually plan to swap the gauges and add a aftermarket CD player. I just want to stay away from having to crimp wiring. I'm not a fan of doin electrical work. I have seen mixed reviews on the painless. The wiring is one place I really don't mind spending a little extra money on for a quality piece. Hate to sink money into this thing and have some wiring I screwed up burn it done. Tucks been through one fire already thanks to some neighbors burning there yard. Luckily just got the fender and tire, but also melted the engine side of the wiring block a little bit
jstrong394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
05duramaxhd

painless isn't plug and play!!! but is a pretty nice kit
05duramaxhd is offline   Reply With Quote