The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
CBSTRDST64

Hello from The Great White North!

Hi everyone,

In October I am travelling to Oregon to tow home this serial 425KH 3/4t 4X4 from my brother. Looks like it is a pretty cool old unit. It would have been being built around the same time my Mom was building me. As it has the H in that serial, it indicates Oakland built. I am thinking this one of last ones out of that plant before June of 1963.

Anyway, It looks like it spent most of it's days in Prairie City Oregon. The original owner card exists with the gents name and the December 12, 1964 delivery date from Kessler Chev in Vale.

What percentage of the truck is original remains to be seen. I am fairly certain it is mostly, but some questions remain like: My truck seems to show 6 bolt hubs, yet show a GVWR of 7600? This would lead you to think, a 3/4 cab on a half ton frame, who knows. I'll sort it when I see it, and can really match some numbers.

Thanks to all for all of the knowledge I have already gained here before I signed up. This a great site and obviously full of great folks.Name:  1. Lt Front.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0085.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  28.3 KB
CBSTRDST64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
1ATony

Re: Hello from The Great White North!

Welcome to the site.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote