The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
Jonathans55

Unhappy Motor Mount Help????

Good evening everyone. Firstly ill simply say dont judge the condition of my undercarriage ha yes I know she needs serious TLC. Today I have more of an issue. Its the radiator fan contacting the radiator issue. My rear motor mounts are god awful and are in serious need of replacing. This truck is quite the frankentruck like most others but i love her. I believe i found the mounts
( http://www.classicparts.com/1954-84-.../#.VAAJBjJdV0Q ) i need but the real question is. Are their any tricks to replacing these?.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jonathans55; 08-29-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Jonathans55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
Jonathans55

Re: Motor Mount Help????

well those photos are wow. Did not turn out how i expected. If anyone willing to help wants me to send the pictures to their email let me know. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #3
mr48chev

Have you shortened the shaft on the waterpump on the 292 and installed a sorter front to back pulley?

What a lot of us have done is to take the water pump off and after finding a pulley that is the desired amount shorter front to back ( I think i used one off a small block V8) you put the pump in a press and press the hub/flange that the pulley and fan bolt to down the shaft the exact difference between the pulleys. then you cut the shaft sticking out off so you have about the same amount sticking out that you did before you pressed the hub down the shaft. Bolt the pump back on put the new pulley on and put the fan on and you should have the clearance you need.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Jonathans55

I have not gone that far just yet. I am quite the amateur enthusiast. Ive been learning as I go and its gone very well so far. I have some pretty high hopes for this lady. Thank you for the advice!
Attached Images