The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
full foot notch

After many years I'm back with another chevy pickup

Many many years ago during my youth I joined this site after building a 77 c10 with a 454 engine and motor combo, after I sold it I slowly tapered being on here due to college and life and my father getting severely sick and almost dying about 5 times along with working in the gun industry for 10 years . Since early last year I've been looking for a classic vehicle since it's in my blood and I've wanted to reward myself for the hard work and dedication I put into many things thru the years. While looking for a 62-64 impala I came across this truck on craigslist and fell in love with it. It wasn't a short bed like I truely wanted, but it was clean enough that I couldn't pass it up for the price I got it for. Apparently he bought it three years ago from the same area here in orlando / Kissimmee and would love to find the original builder if they happened to be on here.

Here are the specs from what I've noticed

-400ci block according to casting number , (could be a 383 ? Guy I bought it from didn't know ish about the truck , just bought it and drove it )
-Edelbrock air gap intake
-holley 850cfm carb
-long tube headers
-MSD DIstributor, coil, and ignition box
-Unknown cam, crank , compression ratio
-700r4 transmission, sfi rated flexplate, unknown stall converter
-posi rear
-17" American racing wheels and tires
-factory front power disk brakes
-factory power steering
-CPP lowering springs

Interior :
-Aftermarket grant steering wheel
- complete black interior including full headliner
-full aftermarket stereo
-original AC cab but shaved firewall
-door rubber and felts in good condition
-solid inner and outer rocker panels, floor pans and support braces.
-factory gas tank in factory location

I'm probably going to do a lot of led conversions just for personal preference. I thinking the motor may need a 650 instead of an 850 as my race friends say normally the 850 is reserved for big blocks and really lumpy cams, this motor is definitely street friendly. I'm also probably going to do a rear disk conversion, vintage air gen 4 AC unit , and still debating aftermarket radiator with electric fans, and do I leave long tube headers on there or go with shorter headers to tuck up the exhaust. But it's gonna be a work in progress.

full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
imjeff

Re: After many years I'm back with another chevy pickup

Nice, and welcome back! The engine is most likely a 400 since the 383 uses a 350 block and 400 crank with the journals turned down. The carb change sounds like a winner. I like the LEDs too! Even have them in my house.

Jeff
67 Chevelle 396, 4 speed
74 FXE
08 Tahoe
imjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
full foot notch

Re: After many years I'm back with another chevy pickup

I thought a 383 was a 350 block with 400 crank and notched on the bottom or you could take a 400 and 350 crank it IE destroke it. I may also put led strips hidden under dash for some accent footwell lighting when doors are open. Either white or red. I also thought maybe someway of integrating a Bluetooth setup or iPad mini in a custom center console
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote