The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Woodnears

Short bed measurements please

Alright guys I'm raising my wood bed floor to clear my drop member. I'm in search of some real good measurements on the square holes that run inside of the bed. Basically I need from front panel inside to he middle of the square hole, then the next and so on. What I'm gonna do is make new inner bed panels to attach the floor then the floor supports then make raised bed mounts off the frame. Any help would be great and much appreciated. I'd get them off of mine but mine is a cut down long bed. I'd just go with what looks good but I'd like it to fit an original wood kit. If this works I may make a few sets so I'd like others to be able to use a replacement wood kit as well. Thanks guys.
Woodnears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
jlaird

Re: Short bed measurements please

Hi woodnears,

I've done exactly what you're describing: raised floor, new inner panels, whole new structure, etc. I'm not exactly sure of the measurements you are asking for, but I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Just a suggestion...if you are going to go through with a totally custom bed, then you have the perfect opportunity to NOT use a stock bed kit. Unless you want the look of the factory planks, why not reconfigure them so you can use planks that are all the same width?

Just an idea. I haven't got to the point of getting wood yet, but if you want to check out my progress, here is the build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=220311

Looking forward to your updates!
Josh
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Woodnears

Re: Short bed measurements please

I'm thinking of going with stock wood for the sole purpose of possibly offering these panels to others in the future. I have a buddy with a CBC plasma table in his shop so cutting them would be a breeze. If I stick with stock bolt locations they will appeal to more builders. Not everyone has the capabilities to make their own wood kit. I can because in a past life I was a carpenter. I'll be looking over your build thread for sure.
Woodnears is offline   Reply With Quote