The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
gregbr
Senoir Member

Triplus parts near South Carolina??

Anybody know who is selling Triplus Rocker panels near South Carolina? All the places I checked online don't state who makes them. Could use cab corners too, starting on the 67 4WD soon. I hear Triplus is the best other than NOS. I have a pair of rockers now, 1 is Triplus, other is no name brand, there is a noticeable difference in the weight of these 2. The Triplus one is heavier.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Greg

70 GMC Restoration Pictures
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...00&ppuser=4424
gregbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
pickupman

Re: Triplus parts near South Carolina??

Are you looking for local pickup? Most of the vendors on the board carry them. and sure would be glad to ship them for you. I would be glad to help you if I can.

67 1/2 ton 4wd custom cab
72 1/2 ton 4wd super cheyenne
71 1/2 BB super cheyenne shortbed
pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
sapper4

The closest I can think of from Rock Hill are Dave's Truck Parts in Claremont, NC and Tommy's Pickup Parts in Shelby, NC. Both would be a little over an hour away. Both are on the internet.
sapper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
In The Ten Ring

I got a cut out part from a guy on here and it looks good. I am not a welder so I'm just sitting on it.

Jenn (forgot their handles and yard name) on the forum has a junkyard over in CA and they do cut out parts. I would be tempted to get cut out originals from them.

I know a guy named Eric in Billings, MT who is great to work with and he can cut out parts also. I'd much rather go with an original part than a reproduction. 406-325-2427
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
flashed

Auto Metal Direct (AMD) IS IN GA and shipping on those should not be bad .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
BIG ORANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbr View Post
Anybody know who is selling Triplus Rocker panels near South Carolina? All the places I checked online don't state who makes them. Could use cab corners too, starting on the 67 4WD soon. I hear Triplus is the best other than NOS. I have a pair of rockers now, 1 is Triplus, other is no name brand, there is a noticeable difference in the weight of these 2. The Triplus one is heavier.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Greg
Greg I have a friend that bought out a place in charlotte that handel tri plus sheet metal, rocker's and cab corner's. he works at bowater and lives there too.lol
I will try to get up with him and see what he has,,,

Donnie

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #7
Grumpy old man

In the age of the internet you can't find a triplus supplier near you ? REALLY ?
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
kcsa75

Pickupman, Classic Heartbeat or GMCPauls.
I just bought a pair of cab corners from GMCPauls. This is kind of embarassing as it was just earlier this month, but I don't remember for sure, but pretty sure they were Tri-Plus. Regardless, they were good, solid, thick-metal panels, and the guy who welded them in for me said they fit great.
The price is reasonable and they ship fast.
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Patch_Panels.htm

I had rockers that I bought from Classic Parts. One had a GM sticker on it, but it was the last one he had. The metal on the other was noticeably thinner, but still a quality panel IMO.

Good luck.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.

Last edited by kcsa75; 09-22-2014 at 10:40 PM.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
gregbr
Senoir Member

Thanks for the helpfull hints, I will try calling & asking a couple vendors.

Big Orange- Been a while, good to hear from you. Let me know about your friend, I still live near Bowater too.

Grumpy old man- As I stated, I looked at various websites for details on rockers & cab corners & none stated they were using Triplus. Maybe your next comment will add value.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
MattPSU

Tommy's was mentioned above and that's where I'd start. He carries various manufacturers but he's picky about which brands he caries for which parts. He knows which ones to avoid and which ones are quality parts. He's on the web, but he's old school and you'll have better luck calling, stopping by his shop, or visiting his trailer at a car show or swap meet.

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #11
gregbr
Senoir Member

Thanks Matt. Havent dealt with Tommy's, but have heard a lot of good stuff about him. Will check with him. Greg