The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
pdxhall

15" rims

I have 5 15x5 1/2" 6 lug rims in excellent stock condition
$125 local pickup only

I also have 4 chev rallys 15x8" 5x5 with a little surface rust but should clean up nice. There is a set of rings and caps that are in poor condition that I'll throw in if you want them.
$100 local pickup only
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Re: 15" rims

Dang I wish those caps were 6 lug! lol
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
pdxhall

ttt

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

I'll take the 15x8's .... if you decide to ship.

Thanks

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
pdxhall

Both sets of rims still for sale. You can try to get a member here in the Portland area to pick up and ship for you, I just don't have the time right now to deal with the shipping. $25 per rim is a great price. I really don't want to scrap them but I need to clear out this stuff.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
oem4me

Sure wish you were local. The stock 15" steelies used to be everywhere, but not anymore. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the shipping issue.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
C/10 King

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Sure wish you were local. The stock 15" steelies used to be everywhere, but not anymore. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the shipping issue.
Bruce, you're right about the wheels, 6-7 years ago I was still throwing them away I had so many, but not anymore.
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
dfusision001

It aint much trouble to drop them off at a Greyhound station really! C'mon, I NEED these to get my 64 on the road!!!!
dfusision001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
paulspickupparts

Great deal on the rims. Especially with much of the black paint remaining. For those of you wanting to have them shipped , Fed X will box and ship. If the seller would take them to a Fed X store that packages(Kinkos) they will take care of the rest. It will not be cheap with the cost of the box , labor, and actual shipping charges. They are heavy and will go oversize if shipped together.

On the sellers side it is not cheap to ship rims. Seller has to buy , scrounge , beg for boxes and packing materials. Buy several rolls of tape at $3 a roll plus your time of boxing. If paypal is used add 3% on everything. No blame for not wanting to ship.

I was selling rims for $50 each and no longer even take them off unless it is a local pickup. Here is the reason $6 to have the tire removed. $4 tire disposal fee. Many of the rims were bad in the stem area or lug hole area , which you did not know about until removed. If you have them spun ($5) usually a few will be bent and wobble. They went to the iron pile but you still had the cost of $10-$15 which now became $20 plus on the next rim. Cost of box , packing , paypal fees and TIME made it prohibitive.

This is a great deal for a local pickup. I would think a craiglist add these would fly away in a heartbeat. Good luck on your sale worth every penny.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
dfusision001

Oh thanks for your unwanted lengthy explanation on how it unfortunate it is for us buyers in desperate need of items that are needed to finish our projects and how people like yourself make it that much difficult for those items/projects to get shipped and finished.
I'll get back to my garage and online hunting now.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
paulspickupparts

Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Probably should have just wrote the first paragraph.

"Great deal on the rims. Especially with much of the black paint remaining. For those of you wanting to have them shipped , Fed X will box and ship. If the seller would take them to a Fed X store that packages(Kinkos) they will take care of the rest. It will not be cheap with the cost of the box , labor, and actual shipping charges. They are heavy and will go oversize if shipped together."

Or perhaps you could talk another board member that lives in the area into picking them up ,them up, and forwarding them to you(as the seller mentioned). Hope it works out for you.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
dfusision001

You're mistaken, This old dog ain't got no feathers...
Old 10-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Probably should have just wrote the first paragraph.

"Great deal on the rims. Especially with much of the black paint remaining. For those of you wanting to have them shipped , Fed X will box and ship. If the seller would take them to a Fed X store that packages(Kinkos) they will take care of the rest. It will not be cheap with the cost of the box , labor, and actual shipping charges. They are heavy and will go oversize if shipped together."

Or perhaps you could talk another board member that lives in the area into picking them up ,them up, and forwarding them to you(as the seller mentioned). Hope it works out for you.
Thanks for the comments and information. I appreciate your explanation on the work involved and cost, not to mention the time. I really hoped I could get them to a member at a good cost but if not, they will go on to craigslist. I'm not out to make a bunch on my parts. I know parts for these trucks are getting harder to find and prices are going up. I just want the parts to go to somebody on the forum, if possible, at a fair price. If not, I'm going to have to pay storage on them or scrap them.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
paulspickupparts

Good luck with your sale. It would be nice if someone could put them to good use, especially here on the boards. It would be great if we all could live "next door" and come over and get them. Good deal for someone that needs them . Hope it works out . I understand the scrapping . I hate to let the old stuff go to the crusher. But when shipping is more than the sale of the item and it kills the sale, what do you do. Thanks good luck.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #15
pdxhall

ttt Both sets still for sale. Posting on Craigslist if they're not gone by the weekend.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #16
OldGMJon

I'll take the 5 steelies if I can get my nephew, who lives in Portland, to come pick them for me...he's hard to get a hold of so be patient. jon
OldGMJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #17
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGMJon View Post
I'll take the 5 steelies if I can get my nephew, who lives in Portland, to come pick them for me...he's hard to get a hold of so be patient. jon
Sounds good. Let me know.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 AM   #18
pdxhall

Both sets of wheels still for sale.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #19
pdxhall

ttt