The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
forestb

rochester quadrajet throttle cable

I have a rochester quadrajet with a throttle cable that is made up of threaded rod with a heim joint at each end like the one in the photo. My problem is that when it is attached to the throttle and I push down all the way on the peddle the throttle needs to twist further in order to get full throttle. It is not that the rod is to short. It is that once the throttle goes full circle the rod will have to go in the opposite direction to get full throttle. I tried making a bracket that would set the connection to the throttle further forward on the throttle but that made it so that the rod had to pull up and over when I first step on the peddle which creates a jerky start. If this makes any sense I am looking for suggestions. If I need to clarify I can try to draw a picture
Attached Images

forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: rochester quadrajet throttle cable

It might work to drill a hole closer to the shaft so it won't take as much motion.
Wrenchbender Ret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
luvbowties

Smile Re: rochester quadrajet throttle cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestb View Post
I have a rochester quadrajet with a throttle cable that is made up of threaded rod with a heim joint at each end like the one in the photo. My problem is that when it is attached to the throttle and I push down all the way on the peddle the throttle needs to twist further in order to get full throttle. It is not that the rod is to short. It is that once the throttle goes full circle the rod will have to go in the opposite direction to get full throttle. I tried making a bracket that would set the connection to the throttle further forward on the throttle but that made it so that the rod had to pull up and over when I first step on the peddle which creates a jerky start. If this makes any sense I am looking for suggestions. If I need to clarify I can try to draw a picture
Pics? Drawings?....please
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote