The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
VonDog

Another repair panel question

Ok - been searching old threads and am thoroughly confused! Which are the best quality??? Tri-plus, Keyparts, Goodmark, Mar-k, etc,etc..... Then there's Classic parts, LMC, Tuckers, American classic, Brothers, Topbanana, etc,etc... The threads I've been reading are at least a year old some back to '09. Has quality improved at all over the years??? I need to order a bunch of parts like rockers, partial floor pan, fender brace, cab supports, and would like to order from 1 company all at once to simplify.
VonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
dougf

Re: Another repair panel question

I have spent over $400 at top banana and have always been happy, parts are well made with minimum fitment issues. I have bought things like hoods from LMC and it has always been very low quality. Last night I actually bought from top banana, rear passenger floor. I am very selective and work quite hard for my money, as im sure you do as well, and have no issues recommending top banana.
dougf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
dougf

Forgot to mention what ive ordered: Cab supports, inner and outer rocker panels, kick panels, lower pillars, cab corners, etc...
dougf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
VonDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf View Post
I have spent over $400 at top banana and have always been happy, parts are well made with minimum fitment issues. I have bought things like hoods from LMC and it has always been very low quality. Last night I actually bought from top banana, rear passenger floor. I am very selective and work quite hard for my money, as im sure you do as well, and have no issues recommending top banana.
What is the name on your parts boxes? Tri-plus or keyparts? BTW thx for the reply.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
ACK

I was in Lynchburg, VA visiting a friend and stopped by Top Banana. Talked for a bit with the sales guy and it turns out they're a distributor for KeyParts, which is across the street from them. KeyParts doesn't sell directly to the public, so that's why there's Top Banana. The order comes in and it goes straight to the huge warehouse across the street. I mentioned that I like the quality and speed of delivery, but getting someone to return a phone call or email is next to impossible and he said they're addressing that. Also, they have parts stamped at different factories across the world – most of the parts (floor, cab support, rockers, etc) I got from them were marked Tri-Plus. The guy who welded them in said that they were very good (not great) quality, better than a lot of other panels he's seen.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
VonDog

Anybody else use different sources than Topbanana that wants to chime in??? Just looking for quality at a reasonable price.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
joesscamaro

Not trying to play the devil's advocate...but I've ordered every part...floor pans, inner rocker, outer rocker, kick panel, and cab corner from LMC, and they all fit pretty well. Honestly, I ordered some of the parts about 5 + years ago and ordered some within this past year, and the parts that were made within this past year fit a LOT better! They were actually really nice!
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
bj383ss

I ordered all of my parts from Top Banana and will continue to do so.
I have ordered thus far both inner floor panels. outer rockers, kick panels and front door pillars. Only problem I had was having to redrill the holes for the front lower fender mount to match up which was no big deal for me as my front cab floor support was still in good shape so I had a hole to reference off.

If you run through my build thread you will see all the parts I used. All mine came in Keyparts boxes.

Bret
Old 10-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #9
BigSix

Fixmyrust.com panels are thick and nice for my gmc. On my dodge a radius was wrong but I can work it. The panels are Oem or better in thickness in my opinion.
BigSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
VonDog

After searching around, I pulled the trigger and ordered at least what I think I need. $400.00 worth - probably will need more parts but disassembly will tell me more. Maybe I should start a build thread?