The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
full foot notch

whats involved parts wise with boyd fuel cell

contemplating going to a boyd fuel cell in the rear of the truck , to get rid of the stock tank in the truck and that lovely gas smell after its been locked up for a week in the garage, and tired of having to unbolt the bench seat if I need to work on the fuel sending unit.

right now its a carbed motor, but if it ever fails I would upgrade to a LS swap most likely. my thoughts would to be either buy a basic tank which would be cheaper, and to install the aeromotive fuel pump later if they sell it separately from boyds, or do I buy an EFI tank and cry money wise now and regulate it down to carb PSI at the firewall. ive already got AN fuel line and fittings from the current carb down to the mechanical driven fuel pump on the block.

so far I can calculate roughly 650 for the EFI tank or 350 for the carb tank, $50 for mounting brackets, $50 for the sending level for the tank, I would run AN line from the back to the front, so roughly $7 a ft for that and im assuming 08AN for feed line, ill have to have an inline filter from the tank to the FPR, im not sure what FPR I would need to use for proper setup. if I went with EFI what would be the best way to safely wire up power for the fuel pump ?
full foot notch is offline   Reply With Quote