The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
graytoad

Greetings from Florida (& Canada!)

Hello,
New to the forum, I am a long time car guy: primarily classic Chevy' and other GMs of the 60's & early 70's. I am married to a 'car girl' who loves old cars as much as I and if it is not me finding something we 'must' buy, it is my wife Sandy! Being an avid believer in the mantra 'You can't be a collector with only one car' our fleet generally ranges in size and we currently own 7 old vehicle but the fleet has often been much higher.

We also both enjoy motorcycling: we should have bought stock in a petroleum company years ago as we are great consumers!

It was a summer of changes, we sold a number of cars and my most recent acquisition is my 1970 Chevy C10 which prompted me to join this forum. (I just sold a beautiful 64 Ford pick up: the only non GM vehicle I had had in years!) It is a southern truck that is in beautiful condition although it is not original but the work that has been done to it is excellent. The paint and body are beautiful and the interior is great and it has had had new carpet, seat covers and headliner installed. I plan on lowering it 3" up front and 5" in the rear, changing out the wheels to 5 bolt 20's and adding disc brakes up front as well as a few minor things.

Sandy lays claim to the 1963 C-10 that is shown with the B-25 bomber: picture taken at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Centre in Hamilton, Ontario. The truck is virtually original: 97% original paint (a few minor touch ups years ago), the box is unmarked; no gouges or dents anywhere. It still has the original interior (we changed the vinyl floor mats to carpet with dynamat underneath for sound control) original seat covers and dash that are nearly perfect as it left the factory. Also has original straight 6 - 230 cu in with 3-on-the-tree. The engine is showing its age 'from time' but not from miles: we purchased it in 2007 with 36,000 original miles but now has about 46,000, but it weeps a bit here an there and burn a bit; but no blue clouds. We had to do a complete brake job with brake lines and some other minor safety items and we also added the 'custom trim' and classic hot rod rims & wide wites to give it some bling as it was a base model truck but left the original patina of the paint alone.

Have not yet had the two trucks side by side, the 70 is currently in Florida with us but headed home in time for Christmas. They look to be nearly the same color in these photos but the 70 is a Teal Green (not sure how close to the stock Medium Green) and the 63 is Glenwood Green.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: Greetings from Florida (& Canada!)

Welcome from West Central Florida! Nice toys.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
flashed

Re: Greetings from Florida (& Canada!)

Welcome from Georgia ,you will like it here .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote