The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
mjrwraith

Talking Howdy from Amarillo, Tx

Hey everybody I just wanted to start off by saying that this is a great site. All the posts I've read have already been extremely helpful and informative. I just acquired a 1972 GMC, long bed, fleet side, pickup. I traded my old Harley to my father-in-law for it. The rear end has already been rebuilt, the cab and bed mounts have been replaced, and the motor has been partially rebuilt (the lower end). I've still got to finish the motor, put the front end back together, replace or rebuild any worn out parts on the front end, paint it, and do some cleaning up on the interior. This is my first GM vehicle to rebuild, although I have helped my dad in the past rebuild a '65 ElCamino. I've rebuilt an '87 and an '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with AMC 360's in both so this is definitely nothing new to me in fact probably going to be a bit easier and cheaper as far as finding parts goes. I'll get some pics posted up when the weather warms up a bit more and I'll probably start a build thread. Glad to be on board and look forward to hearing back and being able to lend my two cents where I can.
mjrwraith is offline   Reply With Quote