The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
elf w/capital T

Unhappy Not too late to change my mind....right...??

Hello... I've been working on my from up restore on my 68 SWB Fleetside almost 3 years now. gone through many home projects, other vehicle projects, divorce etc so I have reasons why its been so long...plus working 50 hours a week... blah blah

but is it bad that im about 85% complete with the restore and now I want to trade or buy a STEPSIDE bed??!!! I see everyone having the fleet beds and I don't want to be like everyone else....

these are two photos of before I had dissembled it...and going to keep it the same scheme... satin black with red rallies....
Attached Images

elf w/capital T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
leftybass209

Re: Not too late to change my mind....right...??

I doubt you'd have any trouble finding someone to trade a stepper for a fleet. Is wanting to be original your only reason for change? I ask because, being original is a state of mind. I've seen a lot of trucks that look just like yours, and switching the bed won't change that. I don't say that to be rude, because I like the look of your truck. Coming up with original ideas doesn't have to be drastic! Best of luck with your decision.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
elf w/capital T

haha yeah I understand, I have many subtle things that make the truck mine... and its been on my mind to go step side for a while....I have been indecisive with this build and who knows...I'll probably just end up staying with the fleet bed.
elf w/capital T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
R.L.

Hay I know just how you feel, I myself have a step side bed. I'm looking for a fleet side bed but I'm going to make a trailer for mine matching my truck. When I feel like a change I'm going to swap them around. Keep your bed find another have both if your the least bit undecided as to which you want but as far as being different; just driving and restoring one of these is outside the mainstream.
R.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
liftlawssuck

I say keep the fleetside. Most short beds are stepside up here. Besides I like the look of fleetside better. But to answer your question. No. It not too late to change or uncommon. Like leftybass said. You won't have a hard time finding someone to trade. Best of luck.
liftlawssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
ho70

Nooooooooooooooooooo
Whatever makes you happy, but, more work and money in an already challenging build. Finsih it and enjoy it, then cahange it
ho70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
sduckworth13

I'm all for making it your own, but your going to lose a lot of bed space also if you switch to a stepper.