The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Mgicm

67 p10 Stepvan help needed

Hi,
So I have this cool little 1967 P10 stepvan shorty and hoped someone could help out with some questions

1. I found that rims are 6 on 5.5 but would wheels from like an older silverado fit? I tried one set and the lugs would not come through the holes. Just didnt seem to sit right. Forgive my ignorance on this but just trying to understand what I should be getting or looking for in terms of backspacing.

2. The van sits so high up with much space above tires to wheel well bottom. How would one lower it without bags and not messing up ride quality (if there is any lol).

3. Does this van have same frame/suspension as same year Chevy vehicle like a pickup?

Thanks!
GP
Mgicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
rhodog77

Re: 67 p10 Stepvan help needed

mgicm..
i have been doing a ton of research on the p10s. Your p10 is sitting on a blazer frame...From what I know there are some subtle differences between the blazer and the c10 frames. How low are you wanting to go?? Jeep springs will work for the rear. Do a search for jeep springs swap here. There are a bunch of threads about it. People cut the front springs but I dont recommend that. Lowered fronts are pretty cheap. You could always put drop spindles on as well for another 2.5 inch drop. I got your PM's...more than happy to help in anyway...though I dont check my messages often...Mine is a future project.

b

1970 P10 Stepvan
rhodog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
stomper

Re: 67 p10 Stepvan help needed

Suspension is identical to a C10 truck so anything you read about a 1/2 ton truck applies to your P10. Drop spindles and cut one coil off the front and 6" drop coils in the rear is a pretty standard lowering formula. Wheelbase is 102 blazer is 104.

Post up some pix!