The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
gasmn1620

87 silverado reg cab 2wd 350cid 350 trans.... questions

Alright boys... I'm gonna ask a series of questions here.... so probably dumb as ****, some things yall may not approve of doing to my truck.... but I'm gonna anyway.

1st- I bought the energy suspensions bushing kit. I'm gonna be dropping the truck with spindles and springs in the front, flipping the rear. My question(s) are what else should I replace while doing this? brake line? U-bolts? Rotors? Wheel bearings? I will be replacing the shocks all the way around for sure.

2nd- I also bought headers ( Christmas trip to the summit store in atl). I'm gonna have duals done so I assume I should wait uuntil I'm ready to drop it off at the exhaust shop before installing them. I got long tube summit brand headers... nothing fancy. Thinking about wrapping them before putting them in too. Any tricks or tips or other things to do while I'm doing them?

I'll post some before and after pics. Just got this truck 2 months ago. She's only got 68k miles on her and she's all stock, for now, other than some aluminum bullet hole wheels that are being swapped for other wheels I already bought.

thanks for your time/advice. II'll be scouring the boards to rob your ideas for sure.
gasmn1620 is offline   Reply With Quote