The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
VonDog

Anyone ever try these???

Anyone try these mats? I know mats are hard to find and don't fit that well.
Attached Images

VonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
dtkarst

Re: Anyone ever try these???

I saw those while looking for my carpet on my C20, didnt know how well they fit either but as far as the carpet is concerned it fits pretty well.
dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
davbowen

yes, they are by far the best i've seen. fits perfect all molded per your vehicle.
davbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
VonDog

Thanks for the replies. I've read that most of the suppliers (LMC, Brothers, etc.) carried them, then they didn't. Some people had rot issues, some not. Just looking for a good quality, sturdy mat.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I put one in my truck and absolutely love it. The whole saga begins on post 219, page 9 of my build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=444502&page=9
Old 01-04-2015, 01:25 AM   #6
VonDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I put one in my truck and absolutely love it. The whole saga begins on post 219, page 9 of my build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=444502&page=9
Man that looks great but it's from ACC (auto custom carpets). Is this the same manufacturer only different vendor or what??? I don't mind finessing etc. but am curious about stockinteriors.com product. If this is the same, I'm in!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:53 AM   #7
earl84

I just put one in mine about a month ago. I put down Peel 'n Seat, then some EZ Cool insulation from here, http://www.lobucrod.com/ Then put down the jute padding and the mat. For the most part, the mat fit very well, but there was just a bizarre fold at the top of the transmission tunnel at the firewall that didn't fit correctly. There was also a bunching of material right near the gas pedal. To be honest, I think I should have left off the just padding, and it all would have been fine. I think the bunching up by the gas pedal was just due to too much thickness in the stuff I laid down, but it is extremely quiet in my cab. I was in too much of a hurry, since I had to get it all back together and move the truck to Colorado from Texas. If I had more time to devote to it, I really believe I could tweak it to fit perfectly everywhere, since once I got settled in CO, I took a heat gun to the gas pedal area, and held it in place, and it now sits perfectly. Take your time, like markeb01, and you will have a nicely fit mat. It comes with plenty of material for trimming, which is both a blessing and a curse. You will understand what I mean when you start fitting it. You must have a nice warm day to get it workable.
So, bottom line, I highly recommend the mat, but I also highly recommend leaving yourself an entire day to make tweaks with a heat gun, patience in trimming, and get it to fit just right. I may try buying another one next summer to really take my time. It is a really nice quality mat.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Mathew21

If you decide to buy from there if you enter RETURN09 at check out you will receive 5% off of your order.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #9
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDog View Post
Man that looks great but it's from ACC (auto custom carpets). Is this the same manufacturer only different vendor or what??? I don't mind finessing etc. but am curious about stockinteriors.com product. If this is the same, I'm in!!!
They are the same outfit with two different business names. I ordered from ACC, but all the paperwork had Stock Interiors on it.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #10
VonDog

Thanks for the replies guys! It makes the decision process a lot easier. markeb01 - Sweet looking and sweet write up - very helpful. Mathew21-thanks for the heads up. Gonna order today but will need to do a bunch of rust work first-both rockers, partial floorpan, etc.
Attached Images