The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
jhcolli

'69 C10 project input

Hi all,

Firing up the restoration/modification of my project and need some community input. I suspect there will be various opinions here which may make my decisions more difficult, but I want the perspective and experience.

I would like to lower my truck, but not where it is dragging the ground and I do NOT want to cut the bed floor up. I have to pull a utility trailer with my motorcycle on it to race tracks so I will need to keep my Class III hitch installed, which means the rear suspension will need to allow for clearances with the added weight. I am not opposed to putting a c-notch in, but I am concerned about the loss of structural integrity pulling a trailer. I should state the trailer with the motorcycle and all my gear would be less than 3,000lbs. Someone suggested I only install air bag cups for the rear and be done with it, leaving the factory trailing arms and track bar in place. I am concerned I won't be able to get the rear low enough for a level stance if only go this route.

I want air bags so I can adjust based on needs/wants. If I am going to a local cruise I can drop it down for a lower stance. If I am pulling, I can raise it up for obvious reasons. I am leaning towards a Scott's Hot Rod IFS with bags and an AccuAir e-level air control system.

I would like to put 20s on the truck, which is going to be a factor in what I need to do in order to get clearances. I have been reading a lot of threads on here related to this, but haven't found any that involved a hitch and pulling a trailer.

Thanks
jhcolli is offline   Reply With Quote