The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
Possmguts

Ground clearance ?

As some of you know I have been entertaining the idea of putting a 95 C4 Vette front suspension on the 67, but after getting more info from some guys on here about what would need to be done I may be re-thinking that.

I really dont have the cash for the fancy front ends that cost thousands of dollars so I may start piecing something more reasonable together such as drop spindles and springs and maybe some tubular A arms.

With stock A arms what would the ground clearance be with 2.5" drop spindles and 2" lowering springs? I have nothing to go off of since the PO took the torch to the original springs to half ass lower it. Would the lowest point be from the lower A arm or from the cross member? If its at the A arm, would that be increased with tubular A arms?

I have no idea what the ride will be like with this drop method as like I said the springs were torched and it rides like crap now and I dont think anything was done with the shocks. Im pretty sure they bottom out now.

Do the lowering springs stiffen the ride from what stock was? Not that I know what it rode like stock....

If I do the 2.5' spindles and 2" springs in front with 5" springs in back will that give me a stagger in front to back height? Im looking to be like 2" higher in back.

Much appreciated.

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote