The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
Silverbullet555

Hello from Boise

Hello all. I have lurked on the site on and off, gleaning information, but now I am here. We're in Boise and have 2 chevy trucks. I do all the maintenance on our vehicles which seems to keep me busy between the trucks, a subaru and a boat.

My daily driver is a 2007 Chevy 2500HD CC 4wd. It serves me well though it has had it's share of issues like separating transmission lines, frozen intake, random issue on ABS Pump, front hub and an irritating transfer case. The truck is mostly stock, but I did pull the interior and dynomat it with mass loaded vinyl on top. It's got an upgraded stereo and remote start that I added.

We also have a 1988 Suburban V20 3/4 ton that we bought about 10 years ago. It's got about 175K miles on it and has been pretty bullet proof except for last year when the rotor disintegrated and left me stranded a few miles from home. I added auxillary oil and trans coolers (B&M stacked plate with thermo controlled fans) and a spin on trans filter as it used to be our tow vehicle in the mountains. Also have a B&M deep pan on the transmission. The body is pretty straight, but it is just starting to get some cancer in the body and I had to pull the sagging headliner. My goal is to keep it healthy and make it our hunting/trail rig. I don't plan on doing much more to it though it would be nice to lift it a bit. I want to make sure it can tow our boat if it is ever needed.

As for the boat, it's a Cobalt 226 open bow with a Volvo (GM) big block. Since it is a chevy block I figured it would fit in so I mentioned it.
Anyway, that's me.
Silverbullet555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
kcsa75

Re: Hello from Boise

Welcome from Midway USA.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote