The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Very Nice Steering Wheel

I decided to sell this OEM wheel. Grain and surface are all good.
It appears to be in great condition and I've saved it for a build but I have nothing good enough for it. I don't want to put it on EBay. I will if it doesn't sell here to a board member. I'm asking $300 plus shipping for it and I feel its worth it. Ill post additional pics of anything someone would like.
If anyone sees anything wrong with it let me know!
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
Resto-Rand

Re: Very Nice Steering Wheel

Sweet, but out of my league. Very nice.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
In The Ten Ring

I might be interested. Can we talk on the phone?

PM me your number and a good time to call.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
Critterman71

would you consider 300.00 shipped if so let me know as I want it. the wheel looks good in these pics there are no cracks correct?
Old 01-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
72ironmike

Nice wheel !
Old 01-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
doo142

I'll take it, pm sent
Old 01-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Guys,
I've been on the road all day dropping off the fuel truck at Randy's for Vintage Windmills!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resto-Rand View Post
Sweet, but out of my league. Very nice.
Thank you sir! It's alot of money but it's a very nice wheel. Hopefully someone's going to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I might be interested. Can we talk on the phone?
PM me your number and a good time to call.
Sending a pm to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critterman71 View Post
would you consider 300.00 shipped if so let me know as I want it. the wheel looks good in these pics there are no cracks correct?
No cracks I'll post some additional pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ironmike View Post
Nice wheel !
Thank you sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo142 View Post
I'll take it, pm sent
I'm responding to your pm.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #8
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

All,
By board rules I need to sell the wheel to doo142. I appreciate all the interest and wish I had 10 more this nice. I'll be posting more pics this evening.
Thank you all again.
Mike
Old 01-30-2015, 01:56 AM   #9
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Here are the additional pics of the wheel and the horn button for doo142!
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #10
Critterman71

If I would have known there was a horn button I would have not made an offer I would have just taken it for the 300.00 + shipping and seeing how I made the offer and would have taken it for the 300.00 shipped as it states in the listing I think I should have gotten the courtesy of a decline of my offer first before the sale and now knowing there is a horn button I am very irritated with the whole thing besides i am the one who asked if there were any cracks and you were going to post pics for me not door142
Old 01-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #11
29od1

Quote:
If I would have known there was a horn button I would have not made an offer I would have just taken it for the 300.00 + shipping and seeing how I made the offer and would have taken it for the 300.00 shipped as it states in the listing I think I should have gotten the courtesy of a decline of my offer first before the sale and now knowing there is a horn button I am very irritated with the whole thing besides i am the one who asked if there were any cracks and you were going to post pics for me not door142
Since you tried to negotiate less than the asking price and someone else came in and said they would take it for that asking price, you lost your ability to renegotiate. Without this rule, everyone would undercut the asking price for everything listed.

The irritation should be with yourself, not Mike. He offered a nice wheel to people on this board instead of sticking it on ebay.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #12
doo142

I never meant to cause a problem. I was following normal procedure . I have missed several parts due to hesitation and not stamping the deal with " I'll take it". Let's all remember .... This is a hobby let's keep it fun!! Half the fun is tracking these parts down. I'm not sure the horn button is "included" I asked if he had one available. I didn't ask for free so I would expect I owe extra for it .

Last edited by doo142; 01-30-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
nlped

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo142 View Post
Let's all remember .... This is a hobby let's keep it fun!! Half the fun is tracking these parts down.
Amen Brotha!!!

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
Old 01-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #14
Critterman71

No problem here I was just bent out of shape over the horn button issue I was thinking I would have to buy one so I asked for the wheel including shipping that all you were fine in jumping in and saying I will take it. I just wish i would have known about the horn button. You will have a nice wheel for your truck for sure and if you ever decide to sell PM me and I will take it if it is in the same shape of course.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

You asked if he would consider the $300 shipped, thats an offer, he does not have to take the offer. He did not do anything wrong IMO, if you think he did pm a mod, I'll bet they will agree with him
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 01-30-2015, 09:21 AM   #16
doo142

Quote:
No problem here I was just bent out of shape over the horn button issue I was thinking I would have to buy one so I asked for the wheel including shipping that all you were fine in jumping in and saying I will take it. I just wish i would have known about the horn button. You will have a nice wheel for your truck for sure and if you ever decide to sell PM me and I will take it if it is in the same shape of course.
Actually if you look back, Cheyenne shortstep had a nice wheel last week, I was asking Qs when someone else committed, I missed out. Exact same scenario.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:21 AM   #17
Critterman71

I never said that he did anything wrong. It would have been nice to get a decline of what you call an offer before the sale was completed. but the kicker is now the horn button was included it was not listed originally I would not have asked for the shipping to be included then as I would not the need the extra money to buy one. I agree that a Mod would more than likely agree with the whole thing but just bent over the whole thing now because of the horn button. I do not need a lecture from all of you stating the same facts as this is not my first rodeo on the board. and as you can see in my last post I told door142 that he had a nice wheel and if he ever wanted to part with it to PM me and I would take it. so why is every one jumping in with there opinions on this it should be left to me and Cash3481 if there was anything to talk about as it is his wheel and post!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
doo142

Quote:
I never said that he did anything wrong. It would have been nice to get a decline of what you call an offer before the sale was completed. but the kicker is now the horn button was included it was not listed originally I would not have asked for the shipping to be included then as I would not the need the extra money to buy one. I agree that a Mod would more than likely agree with the whole thing but just bent over the whole thing now because of the horn button. I do not need a lecture from all of you stating the same facts as this is not my first rodeo on the board. and as you can see in my last post I told door142 that he had a nice wheel and if he ever wanted to part with it to PM me and I would take it. so why is every one jumping in with there opinions on this it should be left to me and Cash3481 if there was anything to talk about as it is his wheel and post!
Please see my edit, I do not believe the horn button was included, it will be extra $$.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #19
Critterman71

Not exact but close I made an offer so to speak and but then pics were added and there were additional parts not in the original listing.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
Critterman71

I don not see where in the post it says anything about additional $$ for the button. I could be wrong so if it is there let me know were it is. bottom line is you have a very nice wheel and when it comes put it on a truck and have fun with it.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #21
70cst

Folks ... the rule is "the 1st I take it get's it" at the option of the seller.

When one makes an offer, one will always run the risk of loosing the item up for sale.

The seller's response to an offer ... is optional as far as responding or not.

I see no issues with the way this transaction was handled.

I trust this makes sense.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #22
Critterman71

It does but what about the pics after the fact with the horn button inclusion? that would have changed my whole thinking on the deal
Old 01-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #23
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

All,
I apologize for all the problems. I got into some heated scolding before (from mods and a member) when I first started selling, for the same thing when someone went the other way with "I'll take it" over questions.
1. Critterman71: I would have been more timely on additional pic if I was online but wasn't all day. If I would have seen your post earlier I would have taken the pics but I wasn't home until 3-3:30.
2. the horn button: i didnt include the horn button in the price. When I received the pm (after he said I'll take it) He asked if I had a good button to go with it and to get him a total with shipping and message him back. Sooo I said I would get him a total with shipping and come up with an amount for this horn button which I though ($20) was fair.
3. I admit that if I would have seen your post earlier I would have offered it to you after pics were posted. I still would have had to come home and take them and this would have still been the problem since he stated he would take it before pics were posted. But if I did make him wait until you looked at the pic he would have been upset (like you are) about me taking questions over an I'll take it.
4. 70CST: I've never seen the "I'll take it" be an option from the seller. I see mods sticking up for buyers who state just that reason. I may need to reread the sellers code of conduct and ensure I know what I'm supposed to do to ensure I'm not creating any issues.
I guess my bottom line is that I don't slight anyone and try to be true to the intent of this forum. If critterman missed out I feel his pain...as I too have missed parts the same way. I hope all understand the situation, I don't want any hard feeling and certainly am not trolling here . Im just trying to explain the situation for understanding and clarity.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Critterman71

Cash3481 No problem here and that was well put it is har for me to get on this site enough to catch all of the good parts and I am sick over the wheel. I to am not on here every day or even a lot of the day like some of the lucky one who can be. its also just irritating when others stick there 2 cents in when I feel it should be between the seller and the buyers or people interested and a MOD if needed I did not think it need to go there in this case I just saw the pics of the button an no other text so I thought it was with the wheel and would have made me jump on the thing with out hesitation bit i figures I would have to buy one and I am on a budget to a degree so every penny counts. No hard feelings here though. I will keep looking when I can.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:07 PM   #25
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post
All,
I apologize for all the problems. I got into some heated scolding before (from mods and a member) when I first started selling, for the same thing when someone went the other way with "I'll take it" over questions.
1. Critterman71: I would have been more timely on additional pic if I was online but wasn't all day. If I would have seen your post earlier I would have taken the pics but I wasn't home until 3-3:30.
2. the horn button: i didnt include the horn button in the price. When I received the pm (after he said I'll take it) He asked if I had a good button to go with it and to get him a total with shipping and message him back. Sooo I said I would get him a total with shipping and come up with an amount for this horn button which I though ($20) was fair.
3. I admit that if I would have seen your post earlier I would have offered it to you after pics were posted. I still would have had to come home and take them and this would have still been the problem since he stated he would take it before pics were posted. But if I did make him wait until you looked at the pic he would have been upset (like you are) about me taking questions over an I'll take it.
4. 70CST: I've never seen the "I'll take it" be an option from the seller. I see mods sticking up for buyers who state just that reason. I may need to reread the sellers code of conduct and ensure I know what I'm supposed to do to ensure I'm not creating any issues.
I guess my bottom line is that I don't slight anyone and try to be true to the intent of this forum. If critterman missed out I feel his pain...as I too have missed parts the same way. I hope all understand the situation, I don't want any hard feeling and certainly am not trolling here . Im just trying to explain the situation for understanding and clarity.
I might have misprinted this...
The first "I take it" is the one who should win the item for sale.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Closed Thread