The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
pointer80

OK, my original plan got altered a little bit...lol

Hi everyone, Well I set out with a plan in mind on what I was going to do. I live in northern Michigan and up here it is definitely truck country. Now I own a 2000 silverado ext. cab 4x4 with only 125000 original miles but, the body is getting very rough. I bought this truck brand new and it has served me well. I have family I trust in Arizona and also I have made some good connections there for finding me rust free 4x4 trucks. My original plan was to buy affordable rust free trucks(one at a time) around the late 80's and 90's era and ship them back and flip them for a little profit. I think there is a profit to be made if done right. My problem is the first truck I found was a beautiful 1986 4x4 longbed. I decided I am going to keep that one for a little resto project. Lucky my better half knows how to take a joke lol. She told me to just shop for another one to flip. What do you guy's think? Is there a market here in the midwest for rust free western trucks of that vintage? I think the 90's or late 80's would be affordable for both buyer and seller. Your opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks again all.
pointer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:41 AM   #2
68post

Thumbs up Re: OK, my original plan got altered a little bit...lol

There are alot of fans for the "OBS" '88 & up trucks. We all know what they're like when you find then and they've lived in this part of the world all their life.

From southern IN northward - they just get worse as we head toward the US/Can border.

I have two squares currently, also a '94 rcsb , and my eye on a '93 that's rust free not too far from here.

There is a guy in Indy that does this same thing already ; http://www.rustfreeclassics.com/

I say go for it !
94 K1500 lifted shortbed 350 4 bbl NV4500
68post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:50 AM   #3
pointer80

Re: OK, my original plan got altered a little bit...lol

Thanks 68post, Yes, I have been getting on rustfreeclassics website for around 12 years now. Awesome trucks he has for sale. I kinda thought their might be a market for rust free 90's era chevy's for daily drivers also.
pointer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
68post

Re: OK, my original plan got altered a little bit...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer80 View Post
Thanks 68post, Yes, I have been getting on rustfreeclassics website for around 12 years now. Awesome trucks he has for sale. I kinda thought their might be a market for rust free 90's era chevy's for daily drivers also.
I believe there is also a following for them. I can't seem to force myself to part with my lifted '94 shortbed 4X4 - even to fund another great truck !

No matter the market at this point it is bound to grow as later generations become more affluent and can afford a pet project and prefer this body style.

As 4X4's the 3/4 and 1 tons are desirable because of their superior 9.25" front differential. ( which is not interchangeable into the 1/2 tons) The do have a host of features that the squares don't have. ( I'm sure you're well aware)
94 K1500 lifted shortbed 350 4 bbl NV4500
68post is offline   Reply With Quote