The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
ellisjay2

Re install vacuum lines for gas milage gain

I went the remove all vacuum lines and just plug them off deal as most have told me to do since we dont need emissions, but I just want to do all little things to get better smoother idle, better vacuum to brakes, and anything to add help towards fuel/air mixture on quad 4 barrel carb. A friend was telling me if you think about it when they first built these trucks, they put the vacuum lines there for a reason even though we can void/not use them as for pollution prevention.

86 gmc 2500 longbed Carb 5.7, rwd,
400 tranny.
ellisjay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #2
enaberif

Re: Re install vacuum lines for gas milage gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisjay2 View Post
I went the remove all vacuum lines and just plug them off deal as most have told me to do since we dont need emissions, but I just want to do all little things to get better smoother idle, better vacuum to brakes, and anything to add help towards fuel/air mixture on quad 4 barrel carb. A friend was telling me if you think about it when they first built these trucks, they put the vacuum lines there for a reason even though we can void/not use them as for pollution prevention.
The only vacuum lines you need is distributor advance, transmission (if TH350), brake booster and pcv valve. Any other vacuum lines do diddly squat.

If you want all the things you are saying then you need a vacuum gauge and find out the reasons why you have poor idle and brakes for. These things are usually a worn out engine or vacuum leaks somewhere.
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote