The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
crazychevyc10

Need help with airbags and where the best place to buy kit?

Hey guys,

I want to bag my 68 and don't know where to start. Is it hard to install yourself? The shops out here in Sac charge an arm and leg just for labor and not to mention the kit itself. I found some bag kits on ebay and websites but don't know what to look for.

Here is a link to an ebay page. Let me know what you think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z16-AirRide-...48d05d&vxp=mtr

What should I be looking for?
crazychevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
MattPSU

Re: Need help with airbags and where the best place to buy kit?

What's your goal? Do you want to lay frame?

Porterbuilt offers some of the best air suspension systems for our trucks. They're fairly easy to install, and some are simple bolt on kits. If you can turn a wrench and drill some holes, you can install a "kit" pretty simply. Check out my build thread in my signature for the install of a simple, not extreme, not frame laying install. You should also venture over to the suspension part of the forum for more information.

Then call or email Travis at Pro Performance. http://azproperformance.com/ No matter what route you want to go, he can help you out.

Good Luck!

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
crazychevyc10

I would love to lay the frame but being on a budget I know I won't be able to do that. What's the best place to find a kit for our truck and what should I be looking for? Do you thunk those ebay kits are ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post

Porterbuilt offers some of the best air suspension systems for our trucks. They're fairly easy to install, and some are simple bolt on kits. If you can turn a wrench and drill some holes, you can install a "kit" pretty simply. Check out my build thread in my signature for the install of a simple, not extreme, not frame laying install. You should also venture over to the suspension part of the forum for more information.

Then call or email Travis at Pro Performance. http://azproperformance.com/ No matter what route you want to go, he can help you out.

Good Luck!
crazychevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
dubds10
Stalker Nate

When it comes to air suspension you don't want to cheap out. You get the best bags & valves, not cheap stuff. Personally I only run hydraulic line & brass fittings on air systems no PTC fittings & plastic line. Not everybody runs the best though & they get by, but at the car shows you see a big difference in safely done rides & hackjobs. Search the suspension section here & other lowrider/minitruck forums for even more info. Suicidedoors is an online vendor who has lots of bag stuff & trustworthy.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #5
winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post

Good Luck!
X2 on Travis at Pro Performance. I haven't bought anything but I have emailed him a few times for quotes and info for when mine is ready for bags. He has been very helpful.
winky is offline   Reply With Quote