The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Arl37

tv cable alignment with carb

69 chevy C10. crate 350. 700r4. edelbrock performer carb and manifold. installed jeggs tv cable bracket today for edelbrock cab. TV cable bracket is not directly behind throttle arm. is this a problem. I can still adjust tv cable properly..
Attached Images

Arl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
jocko

Re: tv cable alignment with carb

can you show a pic of the way it's mounted from above and behind the carb looking down? It should be a straight shot from the mount to the linkage. Will it work? Might, but taint quite right.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #3
thehtrman

it might wear out faster than normal but not sure if it really matters or not. how do you like the 700r4? does it shift normal and good without all the electronic stuff? I'm considering going with 700r4 is why I ask
thehtrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
RUN GMC

18 months is how long mine lasted....needs to straight on more.........this thread happened a few weeks back........

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=660033
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #5
Arl37

Jocko, will take pics tomorrow but pretty sure it it is mounted correctly. Only possible mount to make it fit is to use two use inner holes on the rear of carburetor base to mount bracket. This is also what the instructions say. This isn't my first rodeo with this TV cable/bracket issue. Been driving this truck for a couple of couple of years with modified a Holley bracket. It has some offset but less than the new bracket. . Thought I would just get the correct bracket for a Edelbrock carb. This new bracket for a Edel carb has even more offset that my modified Holley bracket. I think I will just cut off the part the tv cable goes through and add enough metal between it and the rest of the mount to make the cable run a straight shot to carb mechanism. Really irritates me that the bracket that is sold for an Edelbrock doesn't line up properly.
Arl37 is offline   Reply With Quote